The “half full glass” principle can affect almost every aspect of our lives, whether it is health, career or relationships with other people. There are at least 10 reasons to help you become an optimist and see the world in more positive colors.
1. It is proved that optimists live longer, faster restore their health after a serious illness and are self-confident.
2. Optimists tend to be happy in marriage, they have a large circle of acquaintances and friends.
3. These people are more successful in their careers and are always full of creative ideas. The optimist is open to anything new and his mind is almost devoid of stereotypes.
4. The optimist takes more from life, he is luckier than others. In a case of failure he quickly gets over it and starts all over again.
5. Especially optimism helps in critical situations. Legendary traveler Alain Bombard, who crossed theAtlantic Ocean alone in a boat without food or water, wrote in his book: “In the ocean, it is not loneliness, thirst, hunger or sharks that kill people. The fear does“. Our life is like ocean. As Friedrich Nietzsche once said: “That which does not kill us makes us stronger”.
6. People who think positively are almost always in good mood. It does not mean that they never feel frustrated or overwhelmed, sometimes it happens. But optimists have the ability to quickly regain their composure as well as to find a positive in a negative. They consider their defeats and failures temporary and passing, that is why they do not give up and reach their goals.
7. Positive thinking affects even the senses. Optimistic and balanced people are more creative, attentive, have better-developed vision and hearing.
8. Optimists longer maintain youth and health. They believe that their health is in their hands. Scientific studies show that with help of positive thinking the body’s defence becomes stronger. The harmony of the soul is the base of the harmony of the body, and the harmony of the body is the best defence against disease. When the optimist falls ill, he devotes all his energy to recovering. Positive attitude is replenished by the power of autosuggestion. The optimist is well aware that the disease is a signal that it is time to change something in his life.
9. Optimists are more successful financially and professionally. Where others see obstacles, they see opportunities. For them any problem is some kind of opportunity, a small obstacle on the path to the goal, but not a burden.
10. Initially optimists do not consider other people enemies. Even if they are disappointed in someone, they do not transfer their frustration on other people. They are easy to agree with and have an open and friendly style of communication.
Now you see how nice is to be an optimist! 🙂 And it is really easy to become one! Check out these tips on developing positive thinking.
Copyright © 2016 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 4 Powers That May Be Hiding Behind Anxiety Disorders - May 27, 2016
- 6 Signs You Have Found Your Path in Life - May 20, 2016
- 8 Struggles of Being a Deep Thinker in the Modern World - May 13, 2016
- 5 Life-Changing Decisions You Need to Make Before You’re 30 - December 7, 2015
- Comic Captures What the World Is Like for Socially Anxious People - October 16, 2015