- The fairy tale Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was actually based on cocaine. The 7 Dwarfs are 7side effects of the drug.
- Listening to music at high volume influences the sense of sight, so usually we lower the music when looking for something.
- Research showed that in 91% of cases when someone writes LOL in reality he is not laughing.
- Einstein’s IQ was 160. The one of Marilyn Monroe was 168.
- The first person who passed over the Niagara Falls died because of having slipped on an orange peel.
- Sleep study showed that those who sleep with lots of pillows usually suffer from loneliness and depression.
- If we reduced the world population to 100 people, the ratio would be: 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 North Americans and 8 Africans.
- Study showed that right-handed people live on average 9 years longer than left-handed people.
- Sleeping in a cold room increases the chance of seeing a nightmare.
- According to psychological studies, people with IQ above average are more likely to remain faithful to their relationship.
- The so called “butterflies in the stomach” we have when seeing someone we like in fact are a stress response induced by adrenaline.
- Some researchers argue that since the Mayan calendar does not consider leap years, our world had to end sooner than the theory of 2012 supports.
- If Bill Gates threw a hundred dollar bill on the floor, he would have earned twice as much money before having stooped down to pick it up.
- Addiction on Facebook or Twitter causes brain changes similar to those observed in cocaine addicts.
- The girlfriend of the founder of the dating site Match.com left him for someone she met through Match.com.
The following two tabs change content below.
Anna is the founder and lead editor of the website Learning-mind.com. She is passionate about learning new things and reflecting on thought-provoking ideas. She writes about science, psychology and other related topics. She is particularly interested in topics regarding introversion, consciousness and subconscious, perception, human mind's potential, as well as the nature of reality and the universe.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017
- 5 Lessons the Fall Season Teaches Us about Life - November 14, 2017
- 5 Signs Your Social Phobia Is Actually Empathic Sensitivity to People’s Energy - September 11, 2017
- 7 Confessions of an INTP Female - August 26, 2017