The main argument explaining why time is so precious and important is the fact that once wasted time can never be returned. Therefore, we should plan and use our time wisely, figuring out our priorities.
Here are some guidelines to manage your time more productively.
Draw up a detailed plan
Consider, memorize, and analyze what you want to do. Think about each task and all actions that follow from it. Find the things that are most important and require your utmost attention; those that can be done without much effort; those depending on other people; how long it will take to complete each task, etc. Based on these factors, you will manage to plan your work in the allotted time.
Set up your priorities
Prioritization allows you to know which tasks are most important and therefore should have an advantage over others. A simple way to prioritize is to relate all your tasks to one of the following categories:
• Urgent and important tasks;
• Important but not urgent tasks;
• Urgent but not important tasks.
This method helps you categorize your tasks according to their priority for you. The location of the tasks according to these categories may change over time, and you may have to go back to the definition of their priorities.
Write down your plan
When you have a plan in mind, write it down on paper according to the implementation order. It will help you not miss any critical task or item, without relying solely on your memory. In addition, crossing out the completed tasks, you will have a sense of satisfaction and relief, which at the same time will push you to perform other tasks.
Escape bad habits
Some habits can keep you in the comfort zone, slowing you down and even diverting your attention from more important tasks. So you need to identify these habits and get rid of them in a phased manner through the adoption of new habits or improving the old ones.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,