A married couple returns from shopping at the supermarket laden with bags. The man begins complaining to his wife that the bags are very heavy. “Why are you complaining?” She says. “If you give me one of your bags, I would have twice as many as you do, and if I give you one of mine, we would have the same number of bags.”
Question: How many bags does each of them hold?
Riddle 2: The Jester (***)
The king who was bored with his jester and was looking for an occasion to get rid of him, called him one day and said:
– Say something, anything you want. If what you say
is a lie I will hang you, if you say the truth I will slay you.
The jester thought a little and then said something to the king. And the king let him live!
Question: What did he say?
Riddle 3: Sheep (*****)
There are 57 lions and 1 sheep in a relatively large cage. If a lion eats the sheep, then it gets sleepy and vulnerable to be attacked by another lion (i.e. it becomes somewhat pseudo-sheep and a potential victim).
Assume that if a lion kills its prey, it eats it alone (without sharing it with another lion). Also assume that all lions are reasonable and know that all the other lions think logically too. Each lion wants to live first of all, and then if it can eat a victim then it will. The priorities that are (from largest to smallest):
1. To eat a potential victim and live
2. Not to eat a prospective victim but live
3. To eat a potential victim and die
Lions can survive without eating the sheep or any other potential victim (ie, they are fed).
Question: Will the sheep survive?
Riddle 4: The two twins (****)
Two twins appear in court. One of them always tells lies, while the other sometimes tells lies and sometimes the truth. One of the twins, John, had committed a crime. (we do not know if John was the one who always told lies). The judge asked the first twin: “Are you John?” “Yes, I am,” he answered. The judge asked the second twin: “Are you John?” He answered either “yes” or “no” and the judge immediately found who John was.
Question: Was he the first or the second twin?
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,