1. Was the Mayan calendar studied by NASA scientists in detail?
“As the calendar that you have on the wall of your room does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long period of time count, and as your calendar starts the count on 1 January again, the Mayan calendar starts another long period.”
2. What are the phenomena that could affect the Earth?
“There are no planetary alignments in the coming decades. Even if the planets could be aligned, the impact on Earth would be insignificant. Each December, we have an alignment of Earth and Sun with approximate center of our galaxy, but this is an annual event that does not have consequences.”
“If Planet X really existed and was to approach the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have found some evidence at least a decade ago and by now the risk would be visible even to the naked eye. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system. The closest distance it can approach the Earth is about 4 billion miles.”
4. Is the Earth likely to get struck by a meteorite in 2012?
“The Earth has always ‘attracted’ comets and asteroids. The last big asteroid crash took place 65 million years ago and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Today NASA astronomers conduct a research called Spaceguard to find any large asteroid near the Earth long before colliding. We have already seen that there is no threat of large asteroids. All this work is openly published on the website of the new NASA program, where you can check it yourself.”
5. Is there danger from giant solar storms in 2012?
“Solar activity has a regular cycle. During its peaks, which occur approximately every 11 years, the worst thing solar flares can do is to interfere the work of satellite communications. But there is no specific threat expected in 2012. The next solar activity peak will take place in 2012-2014 and will have no consequences as well as all the previous ones.”
The NASA says: “Where is the scientific proof? All these fictional claims made in Internet articles, books, and movies can’t alter the simple fact. There is no convincing evidence for any unusual events to take place in December 2012.”
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,