From ancient Greece to quantum mechanics, or what relationship a Chinese room and a cat can have with the infinity. Six amazing and fun animated video clips explore respectively six interesting and most famous in history thought experiments.
The paradox of Achilles and the turtle emerged in Ancient Greece and presents the movement as an illusion.
Can someone move back in time and kill his own ancestor and subsequently make his own existence impossible? It is one of the most famous puzzles of time travel, the so-called «grandfather paradox». Perhaps the solution might be given by quantum physics.
Chinese Room is a thought experiment suggested by the philosopher John Searle in 1980 and was aimed to disprove the theories supporting the artificial intelligence.
The paradox of the Grand Hotel by the mathematician David Hilbert faces the theme of infinity.
The Twin Paradox was first described in 1911 by Paul Langevin and examines the special relativity.
An unusual thought experiment called Schrödinger’s cat was suggested in 1935 by Erwin Schrödinger and was designed to examine the quantum indeterminacy in a macroscopic phenomenon.
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- Cryogenic Freezing: the Present and Future of This Futuristic Technology - March 27, 2017
- End of Privacy? Facial Recognition App Enables Photographer to Identify Random People on the Subway - December 22, 2016
- 4 Things That Will Never Make You Happy - May 11, 2016
- Nurse Reveals 5 Most Common Regrets People Have Before They Die - May 10, 2016
- 8 Highly Contagious Behaviors, According to Science - May 4, 2016