A team from the Research Centre for Extracorporeal Experiences argues that these metaphysical visions indeed have taken place, but as a result of lucid dreaming.
Conscious or lucid dreams occur when a person realizes that he is sleeping and interferes with the plot of the dream.
The research team asked 30 volunteers to try to build a dream on the representation of a scene from the Old Testament where the prophet Elijah accepts the help of an angel.
Twenty-four of the thirty volunteers managed to experience a normal lucid dreaming or sleeping in semi-dormant state.
During the dream, the volunteers needed to ‘separate’ themselves and move outside of their bodies in a conscious state in order to find forms of angels in their bedroom. Then they had to eat something, just like the angel helped the prophet Elijah, giving him food and water.
When the volunteers were asked to repeat the experiment, only 15 managed to do it again.
The conclusions of the group stated that everyone can witness an angel’s appearance during lucid dreaming. The point is to receive strong “religious vibrations” before falling asleep.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,