Flow of information, expansion of human contacts, development of various forms of popular culture, the growing pace of life – these all lead to an increasing demand in knowledge needed for modern life. One of the essential conditions for successful learning is a development of attention.
Attention is one of the phenomena of orienting-investigatory activity.It is a mental act aimed at the content of an image,an idea or another phenomenon. Attention plays an important role in the regulation of intellectual activity.
Attention is not a separate cognitive process, as far as it doesn’t reflects anything by itself and does not exist as a separate psychic phenomenon. However, attention is a critical component of human cognitive activity, since it organizes and regulates functioning of cognitive processes, on the basis of which it arises. Because of the fact that cognitive activity is carried out consciously, the mind performs one of the functions of consciousness.
Despite the fact that attention doesn’t have any separate and specific product of its activity, its result is the improvement of any activity, which involves it. If the attention capacity is highly developed, all the mental processes go faster and more correctly, and the movements are performed more accurately.
To improve your attention find 17 wolves in this picture:
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
- 5 Times You Know You Are Rebelling Against Modern Society (Even If It Doesn’t Feel This Way) - November 5, 2016
- 5 Reasons Why Introverts Love Autumn - September 22, 2016