A team of IT-specialists from Media Development Investment Fund has developed a project of a new network access to the Internet, which will be completely free of charge and will cover the entire planet.
The product called Outernet provides placing miniature devices CubeSats on the orbit of the Earth, which will be capable of receiving data from ground stations and transferring them to the users. Outernet is something like a huge Wi-Fi-router, covering all continents.
Thus, the next step in the evolution of information technology will be made. Outernet will offer unprecedented convenience in use, which will guarantee the comfort of users, optimize the query execution time and provide high speed and quality of data processing.
The launch of hundreds of small satellites CubeSats is scheduled for the next year. Information transfer will be done through the “datacasting” technology, which involves the use of “wide” radio waves. According to the developers of the product, in this way Outernet will transmit Internet data to any Wi-Fi compatible device at any point on the globe.
Head of Innovation at MDIF Syed Karim stressed that Outernet will be unattainable for censorship and able to provide complete privacy of user information. If the company plans are implemented, even those users who are today outside the reach of the Internet or cannot afford it for financial reasons will have the opportunity to have Internet access.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018
- 4 Best Thriller Movies of All Time That Will Mess with Your Head - March 9, 2018
- 7 Ways Being Street Smart Is Different from Being Book Smart - March 6, 2018
- 7 Ways Therapy Dogs for Depression Can Help You Deal with the Illness - January 29, 2018
- 4 Biographical Movies That Will Make You Learn History and Think about Life - January 20, 2018
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,