A company studying seismic activity in the North Atlantic Ocean conducted research on behalf of oil companies, using the technique of underwater acoustic imaging.
The result was the image you see, an area of great geological interest, with rivers, forests and mountains, which could be the lost Atlantis!
“When we made the three-dimensional imaging of the buried area, we saw something that looked like a piece of land of some country. We could say it is a fossil of an ancient landscape that is located about two miles below the seabed,” said Dr. Nicky White, geologist from the University of Cambridge.
The area is at a distance of about 10,000 sq. km. km west of Orkney and Shetland islands, and the researchers do not exclude that its large part could have joined to the territories of today’s Scotland and extended to Norway!
The evidence they found led them to conclude that the submerged area was once above sea level, when it emerged from the depths and then dived into the deep forever.
What puzzles experts is the time of the emergence and the subsequent re-immersion of the lost landscape. “The evidence we have says that it probably happened within 2.5 million years – a very short timeframe from a geological point of view,” explains the research leader.
Anyway, the Atlantis is the “holy grail” of archaeologists, and the funds available for such kind of research are huge!
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,