LanguageTool is an Open Source language checker for English and German language.
This is a rule-based language checker that will find errors for which a rule is defined in its XML configuration files. Rules for more complicated errors can be written in Java.
You can think of LanguageTool as a tool to detect errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect, e.g. mixing up there/their, no/now etc. It can also detect a limited amount of grammar mistakes. It does not include spell checking.
Copyright © 2016 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
- 5 Times You Know You Are Rebelling Against Modern Society (Even If It Doesn’t Feel This Way) - November 5, 2016
- 5 Reasons Why Introverts Love Autumn - September 22, 2016
- 5 Struggles of Being a Cold Person with a Sensitive Soul - August 16, 2016
- Why Deep People Often Feel Alone and Misunderstood (and What They Can Do about It) - June 30, 2016