LanguageTool is an Open Source language checker for English and German language.
This is a rule-based language checker that will find errors for which a rule is defined in its XML configuration files. Rules for more complicated errors can be written in Java.
You can think of LanguageTool as a tool to detect errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect, e.g. mixing up there/their, no/now etc. It can also detect a limited amount of grammar mistakes. It does not include spell checking.
Copyright © 2016 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why Introverts Love Autumn - September 22, 2016
- 5 Struggles of Being a Cold Person with a Sensitive Soul - August 16, 2016
- Why Deep People Often Feel Alone and Misunderstood (and What They Can Do about It) - June 30, 2016
- Do You Feel Like You Don’t Belong Here? 4 Reasons Why It May Be a Good Thing - June 16, 2016
- The Mystery of the 2,000-Year-Old Ancient Computer Has Just Been Solved - June 11, 2016