LanguageTool is an Open Source language checker for English and German language.
This is a rule-based language checker that will find errors for which a rule is defined in its XML configuration files. Rules for more complicated errors can be written in Java.
You can think of LanguageTool as a tool to detect errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect, e.g. mixing up there/their, no/now etc. It can also detect a limited amount of grammar mistakes. It does not include spell checking.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 5 Problems Only Introverts Will Understand - October 1, 2015
- 5 Reasons Why Fall Is the Best Time for Reflection and Self-Discovery - September 26, 2015
- Dreams of the Deceased: a Message from the ‘Other Side’ or a Trick of the Subconscious Mind? - September 19, 2015
- This Funny Comic Perfectly Captures How Social Anxiety Feels - June 11, 2015
- Why Being an Introvert in Modern Society Is a Gift - May 21, 2015