LanguageTool is an Open Source language checker for English and German language.
This is a rule-based language checker that will find errors for which a rule is defined in its XML configuration files. Rules for more complicated errors can be written in Java.
You can think of LanguageTool as a tool to detect errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect, e.g. mixing up there/their, no/now etc. It can also detect a limited amount of grammar mistakes. It does not include spell checking.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- Israeli Scientists Create a ‘Black Hole’ in Their Lab to Prove Hawking’s Theory - October 15, 2014
- Largest Study on Near-Death Experiences Finds Evidence of Consciousness After Death - October 8, 2014
- This Is What Makes Lucid Dreamers Different from Other People - August 16, 2014
- The Genome of Domestic Cat Fully Decoded - August 13, 2014
- 5 Amazing Ways Meditation Can Affect and Change Your Body - August 11, 2014