According to results of a British poll, almost 60% of people believe that extraterrestrial life exists, while a survey carried out by the University of Chicago states that only 37% actually believes in God.
Speaking to Express.co.uk, Nick Pope, the former head of the project for investigation of UFO sightings of the Ministry of Defense, said: “Around 60 % of people believe that we are not alone in the universe. This means that actually more people believe in aliens than in God.”
“Some people of course argue that the ufology is essentially a new religion, a religion of the 20th and 21st century.
It is one of the most profound questions we should ask. If we could get a clear answer, it would change our world forever. The discovery of extraterrestrial life would be in contrast with almost anything else in our history”.
The latest research for extraterrestrial life also concluded that more than one in ten people claim to have seen UFO.
Pope said: “When I was worked for the Ministry of Defense, we investigated 2300 reports of UFO sightings each year. If 10% of the population has seen a UFO, this is shocking”.
From the events of 2012 in Nevada, when a group of BBC journalists were arrested in gunpoint at the entrance of Area 51, the interest in extraterrestrial life has intensified.
The poll shows that one in seven believes that at least one UFO is still being kept in the notorious military base.
But Mr. Pope argues that if there is extraterrestrial life in Area 51 and it is known to the outside world, then the government would have enough time to transfer it to an unknown location.
“Area 51 certainly exists: it is a top secret military base. Some people believe that apparently there is extraterrestrial life form in there… If it really once was there, I suspect that it has long been moved to a place that we have never heard of.”
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- How to Cultivate Self-Empowerment through Boosting Your Self-Confidence and Mind Power - April 19, 2018
- 4 Stages of Sleep and What Happens to the Brain and the Body during Each - April 17, 2018
- How to Develop Your Writing Skills and How This Will Benefit Your Brain and Self-Improvement - April 9, 2018
- Living a Fantasy Life Online: Why People Want to Escape the Reality - March 27, 2018
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018