They found out that there is a so-called “sleep memory” – a previously unknown form of memorizing.
Results of the research, which was attended by over 250 people, showed that there are separate forms of memory, which differ from those studied previously. They are active at a time while a person is sleeping.
Functions of storing information in the brain during sleep are unique. However, people with deep and calm sleep showed the best results in memorization.
According to researchers, the experimental results prove once again that during sleep the brain processes information without participation of consciousness. This function of the nervous system improves memory capacities, which we use in awake state.
Researchers say the particularity they found is an additional argument in favor of the statement that a person should have a full sleep at night.
So the conclusion is that improving the quality of sleep you can improve the ability to learn!
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
- 5 Times You Know You Are Rebelling Against Modern Society (Even If It Doesn’t Feel This Way) - November 5, 2016
- 5 Reasons Why Introverts Love Autumn - September 22, 2016