The list of the 10 smartest people in the world was released by the website superscholar.org
A person takes the “title” of genius if his IQ exceeds 140, which belongs to 0.5% of the world population. 50% of people have IQ between 90 and 110, while 2.5% of the population reaches a genius level with IQ of over 130.
However, the website notes that the list is not objective, as far as there are many different factors, besides the IQ, which determine how smart someone is.
So, here are the Top 10 smartest people in the world:
10. Last of the top ten is the famous astrophysicist Steven Hawking, with IQ of 160;
9. American TV writer Rick Rosner (192);
8. Former world chess champion Garry Kasparov (190);
7. Billionaire co-founder of Microsoft Paul Allen (170);
6. Hungarian chess player Judit Polgar (170);
5. Award-winning mathematician Andrew Wiles (170);
4. Famous actor James Woods (180), who before turning the lights ofHollywood had studied algebra at UCLA and MIT;
3. Third on the list is the 50 year old astrophysicist Kim Ung-Yong, with IQ of 210. From the age of two years he could speak four languages with ease and in the age of eight he was invited by NASA to study in theUnited States.
2. Insecond place is the 30 year old astrophysicist Christopher Hirata, with estimated IQ of 225. Among his accomplishments are the facts that he started working at NASA when he was… 16 years old, participating in studies of colonization of the planet Mars, and received his Ph.D. fromPrincetonUniversity at age 22.
1. The first position in the list, with estimated IQ of… 230, is held for 36 year old mathematician Terence Tao, who was able to do simple math since the age of two, got a doctorate from Princeton University when he was 20 years old and became the youngest professor in the history of UCLA at the age of 24.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- This Funny Comic Perfectly Captures How Social Anxiety Feels - June 11, 2015
- Why Being an Introvert in Modern Society Is a Gift - May 21, 2015
- Swedish Photoshop Master Creates Mind-Blowing Optical Illusions - February 26, 2015
- Black Hole in ‘Interstellar’ Inspires an Actual Scientific Discovery! - February 16, 2015
- Rosetta Probe Data Refute the Theory That Earth’s Water Came from Comets - December 13, 2014