You’ve probably seen dishonest people who avoided eye contact with you. Our eyes, as well as the whole body, reflect our true thoughts.
The police, for example, analyze the eye and hand movements of a suspect. Our whole body but especially our face constantly shows how we feel at that moment and what we hide behind our speech. However, there are people with well-developed ability to hide the body language, people for whom the lie is a way of life.
There are ways to identify the kind of a person’s thoughts, which have to do with the eye movements.
For example, a person you know owes you some money. You learnt from reliable source that today he got paid, and you want to remind him this. Trying to be polite you simply ask him if he got paid, and he answers “No, not yet. The boss said “next week”, looking to your left. Thus, what he said was an auditory fantasy, namely that he “imagined” his boss saying something, and not recalled something he had said.
The police, for example, often ask a suspect to describe someone. If the suspect often looks to his right, then it means that his brain is developing the description at the time the question was asked. If the suspect often looks to his left, then he actually is trying to recall information. One of the ways to conceal this information, most often unconsciously, is to avoid visual contact or to hold excessive eye contact.
In summary, a glance to one’s right indicates the construction of information (i.e. telling lies) while a glance to one’s left shows a real effort of memory to recall information (i.e. telling truth). Also if the person has been dishonest for a long period of speech he begins to blink faster than previously.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- How to Cultivate Self-Empowerment through Boosting Your Self-Confidence and Mind Power - April 19, 2018
- 4 Stages of Sleep and What Happens to the Brain and the Body during Each - April 17, 2018
- How to Develop Your Writing Skills and How This Will Benefit Your Brain and Self-Improvement - April 9, 2018
- Living a Fantasy Life Online: Why People Want to Escape the Reality - March 27, 2018
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018