Starting right from this point, learn to make decisions and act as a lucky person. Begin to live with a sense of success. Focus on success, until you start thinking and talking about it and feeling it. If everything you do from this point will be accompanied by the sense of “success”, your mind will soon provide the corresponding rise in your affairs.
A vital prerequisite for success is the ability to make decisions. Any one of us makes decisions every day. However, it is important to understand that the decision will not be in force until you start acting in accordance with it. But even if we act, a marriage, an investment or a trip may be unsuccessful. The reason is simple. We are not taught by others and ourselves to adhere to our decisions, to uphold them and to believe in them.
At some point, our minds can provide results in only one direction. Our spirit or the third dimension of our being always says: “I can.” But it can operate freely and bring success in our endeavors only if the mind is in harmony with it. As we know, the mind can be “for”, “against” or “neutral.”
Even in childhood, our mind is like the adult mind. To act, it needs good weighty reasons. If you ask ten years old Tommy to go out of the house, he will hesitate or will not go at all. If you add that his friend Jimmy is waiting for him to go to play football, Tommy will go immediately. If you tell him that Mr. Smith, whom he broke the windshield of the car, is waiting for him, he probably will refuse to go.
By analogy, it is essential that we attain and maintain the orientation of our consciousness in the desired direction for us.
3 steps to decision making
- Carefully weigh the “for” and “against” of a certain decision in accordance with your present level of understanding. Consider them from your point of view. Consider the consequences of each of them. Do not take a decision until you have carefully considered all the concerning matters. When taking a decision to purchase, travel or work, the old unconscious habit of agreeing on little can trick you making you bow in that direction. Consider this fact. Proceed in reverse direction and raise your consciousness right here and now.
- Make a decision. Do not accept vague and conditional decisions. Decide exactly, definitely and finally. Then act in accordance with your decision. Without this vital step, your decision will not be valid.
- Defend your decision. Once a decision is made, your subconscious mind will put forward arguments against it. Other people, reflecting your subconscious doubts and old patterns, will try to convince you of the foolishness of your decision. Do not agree. Justify your decision. Think on all the arguments in its favour you can find. Close your mind to all the negative thoughts. If you persevere, your decision will lead you to success.
You must learn to make decisions as systematically as you learnt to walk. Do not give up, even if at first your decision will not be right due to your continued “wrong” pattern. The fact that you have decided, already makes you a winner. If you persevere, then over time, all decisions will be right for you.
Before making decisions that are vital to your future, practice on deciding on less important issues. Then move on to more important decisions.
In this way you will achieve two important goals:
1. You will discipline your mind, making it focus on what is desirable for you.
2. By accustoming your mind to taking decisions on less important matters you give yourself the opportunity to successfully perform the increasingly complex tasks.
Thus you will be able to easily achieve important goals in every sphere of life.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,