Three simple questions will be answered in the following article. Maybe you never wondered about these things or thought you knew the right answers. In any case, it will be quite interesting for you to learn them.
Question 1: Why do I often experience deja vu?
We all know what deja vu is: an obscure feeling that makes us believe that an event we are experiencing now has already happened in the past. This phenomenon occurs more often in people who suffer from migraines (especially if the pain is localized in temples), which often cause nerve excitability in parts of the brain that control memory. The result is
the sense of having previously experienced an event or a situation that is occurring at the moment.
Question 2: Why do I have a falling sensation just before falling asleep?
Experts call it “hypnagogic jerk” and some scientists believe that it is the way our body tries to keep us awake. For example, if you are extremely sleepy and someone is speaking to you, then you can feel the hypnagogic jerk. But it also happens when you fall into your bed to get some sleep: while you have already fallen asleep, some external noises cause stimuli in the brain and as a result you see yourself falling down and wake up immediately.
Question 3: Why can’t I tickle myself?
When someone tickles us we startle and start laughing and shuddering. This happens because of stimulation of nerve endings in the skin, while the feeling of tingling is generated in the central nervous system. If we tickle ourselves, it will not work as the most important element is missing – the startle.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,