5 Questions about Auras Answered by a Person Who Is Able to See Energy

///5 Questions about Auras Answered by a Person Who Is Able to See Energy

questions about auras

Every person I meet who I let know that I can see energy tends to ask similar questions. So, I presume our readers here at Learning Mind may have similar questions. The answers to these questions may astound some of you, as they completely defy conventional understandings and “preachings” from those who pretend to have opened their third eye. It is possible for ANY PERSON to learn how to see energy and auras, but it is also possible for any person to pretend that they can without putting forth the effort, and substantial sacrifice. A lot of what you can learn from books or articles online are purely fabrications based on a reality which isn’t fully comprehended, comprised from lies that contain subterfuge from a lost past. People with something to prove, who strive for purpose and can’t find one in reality, typically turn to something that the general public can’t disprove – due to this, the majority of teachings on the subject of energy observation have been misconstrued and are not factual.

This article is factual. I do not condone the use of misinformation and fabrications. We, as a people, have the right to attain knowledge in the basis of truth. Every person has something to teach every other person – everyone you meet has something to teach you, and you have something to teach everyone you meet. For me, a holistic understanding of energy perception is a start.

1. What do the colors mean?

I don’t know. Nobody knows.

If somebody tries to tell you that the color blue means contention or peaceful intent, they’re lying.  If someone says that red means anger and frustration, it is highly likely that they are, too, lying.  These perceptions are media driven standards; the real colors are indiscernible and differentiate based on the observer.

Where I see the color yellow, another seer may see the color orange. The exact colors may be reflections of our persona or the deep understanding beneath our subconscious. The perception of colors may be entirely irrelevant when pertaining to mood; for all we know, the colors we see have nothing to do with personality or standing, and may have more to do with moral standing.

2. How does it influence your life?

I had mentioned in the beginning of this article that there are particular sacrifices with being able to see energy. Aside from being able to tell when someone is particularly angry and being able to understand an atmosphere in a room, there is one major adverse effect. After having taught myself to see energy in everything I look at, my head hurts. I was diagnosed with chronic migraine syndrome at a very young age. I have left school on many occasions because of the immense pain in my head. It seemed like the more I did, the more I went around, the more my head hurt. After many years of dealing with these migraines, I ended up realizing that seeing energy wasn’t normal for everybody and found that the ability and the ailment were linked.

Imagine if everything you looked at was bright. Imagine if everything you saw had different flicker rates and radiated different luminescence. It’s hard to get your eyes to fully adjust and focus.

3. How can you tell if someone is angry, if color isn’t a factor in your observation?

Flicker rates. That is all there really is to it. It’s almost like the vibration is violent if a person is having violent thoughts. An angry person’s energy seems to shake. A calm, happy person’s energy more “dances”. Honestly, this is VERY hard to accurately describe without being able to show it, but the aforementioned statement is the easiest way I’ve been able to find.

4. Can you see your own energy?

To an extent, absolutely. I can see my energy, how it flickers, and how it resonates with other people’s energy. I can see what color my aura is, or that my third eye chakra is prominent when looking in a mirror. It’s sort of different, though, sometimes what I see and what I feel don’t entirely correlate with my previous understandings. For instance, sometimes my energy looks furious when I don’t feel particularly angry, myself. My question here is whether that’s because I’m more angry than I’m willing to admit to myself…

5. Resonates?

I have mentioned the resonance of energy in this article. Our energy resonates, or emits different vibrations and alters, when contacting another entity’s energy. When two lovers touch hands, the aura around their contact changes and brightens, becoming a beautiful sight. When someone who strongly dislikes another person comes in contact with them, it’s almost as if the atmosphere around their contact darkens and shrinks away. This is incredibly difficult to explain, but after observing it for many years, it’s easier to tell how much two people like each other by seeing how their energy reacts when the other walks in the room than to ask them. I’ve been able to predict relationship results months before anything happens.

This also allows me to know who I ‘actually’ “vibe” with, and not just who I want to convince myself is someone I like being around.

Resonance also applies in many aspects aside from relationships; friendships aren’t even the bottom line. If a person likes a particular color, their energy will brighten when they’re near the color. The things which make us happy are directly reflected in our energy – the energy we give off, feeding the world around us, is proportional to the feelings we have.

These are some of the questions I’ve been asked. If any of our readers have further questions, please, ask them – I’d love to give you more truths to accept in your life.

Shares
The following two tabs change content below.

Nick Harding

I'm an automation engineer who started out with just a drafting degree, but didn't want to stop learning. Ideally every day I find someone who needs help and do whatever I can to make their day. I enjoy expressing myself, whether it's through writing, story telling, singing or playing guitar; I love to teach others, as well as myself. My strongest drive is the interest in learning everything I can know, and speculating on topics that I can't. I know many people will react with the question, "an engineer with an open mind!?" Yes, I find it hard to disbelieve the things which we can see - since I am able to see energy, I am able to consider other potentials which are also deemed "non-scientific".

Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.

52 Comments

1. Lindsay Ward April 2, 2015 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Are you able to tell if other people are also able to see energy and auras? I’ve always wondered that. Like can you tell if someone is very spiritual or has psychic ability based on their aura?

• Nick Harding April 2, 2015 at 11:29 pm - Reply

Lindsay, Short answer would be yes. It seems that, in order to really get the full ‘true’ picture, one would have to be able to see, feel, and otherwise sense energy all simultaneously. For me, being able to see energy, I can say that people who are particularly spiritual (maybe a better word would be connected) tend to have a brighter aura which extends further out. Every person I’ve met who can actually see energy has a bright third eye chakra; the color isn’t consistent, but my experience suggests that if I see someone with more condensed energy around their forehead, they are likely able to see the same thing in me.

2. Teri Landauer June 2, 2015 at 8:03 pm - Reply

You said that you taught yourself to see auras. Do you share how you did this with others? I’ve seen vague shadow energies and would like to improve this skill. I found it interesting that you have chronic migraine, as I too have this, and have often wondered if there is a relationship to seeing energies and this syndrome.

• Nick Harding September 21, 2015 at 11:04 pm - Reply

Teri,

Thanks for your question; yes, I do share how with people, and have been considering writing an article to describe it in depth after I’m done with a dream-series I’m working on. Essentially it’s practice on top of practice with more practice in between, but there are a few tricks. Considering that you describe it as “vague shadow energies” I recommend going into a very dimly lit room and trying to look past your own hand, or around another person’s shoulders, as if you’re looking at one of those “magic eye” books. When you start to see the energy, try to remember exactly how your eyes are focused and exactly where you’re looking relative to the object emanating the aura, then train yourself to use the same conditions in different lighting. After enough practice it becomes as second nature as noticing that something is blue.

Honestly I believe that the chronic migraines may be a symptom of seeing energy, not so much linked in that they are caused by the same thing or chronic migraine syndrome allows seeing energy. I am sorry to hear that you suffer from this, as well…it is very hard to get along in life, and I wish you the best moving forward.

• Teri Landauer January 19, 2016 at 8:08 pm - Reply

Nick,
        Sorry it’s taken me so long, but I did want to thank you for your response, and for your best wishes. I appreciate your insight and ideas on practice.

I hope that you are able to find some relief from your own headaches, and that your “in betweens” are long enough to allow you to find your own way forward. Thanks again for your response. 🙂

3. Seth Ramirez September 21, 2015 at 10:02 pm - Reply

If someone is highly sexually aroused such as a man for instance, can you see any difference in energy in their groin area?

• Nick Harding September 21, 2015 at 11:09 pm - Reply

Seth,

Definitely yes. On a Chakra awareness level, the stomach chakra glows more when a person is aroused, as it’s routing more energy toward that part of our spirit, which drives physical just as much as our own conscious thoughts (and in conjunction with). But, what I believe you’re actually asking is can I see their erection, to which I, unfortunately, have to say yes. I can even tell how big/small a person is if I see them in an aroused state. Consequently, around the bladder in a girl appears to have what I would typically call “angry” energy, violent fluctuations and pulsations,

4. Alison C November 29, 2015 at 5:47 pm - Reply

I believe I’m just beginning to see auras. I started seeing the hazy outlines of my own hands when I was a young child. I also started seeing tiny red circles when I was a child, which I always thought i was seeing atoms.

Now I suddenly gained an interest in the metaphysical world, I am compelled to keep looking at my hands. Last week a tarot reader came to a local protein shake bar I frequent. He gave me a reading, he sensed I had a strong energy, and asked how long I’ve been able to do this.. I didn’t really think I had any psychic abilities at all. I said 2 weeks, only because that was when I started reading about astral projection and awakening my third eye. He said no… This is something you’ve had as a child.

I mean I always thought thought everything that I thought were coincidences, we’re just that… Coincidences.

He also gave me two amethysts.. I held each one in my hands, put them together..and I could see a clear haze in between when I seperated them, then he asked me to spiral them, and I could see it spiral.

He also told me, I’m able to manifest, That he believes I’m a medium and said I could possibly be a high priestess.

Since last week, I feel like I’m a bit obsessed with this, or maybe I’ve been awakened.

Ok here’s my thing… I started staring at my hands now… A lot.
    I started seeing maybe an energy field..I don’t know.

It started off as a clear outline, the more I look, it changes to a bright white then an electric glowing light blue.
    This is while I look at my hand with a white background.

I’ve looked at my moms hand to compare and hers was a brighter white and never changed to blue or any other color.

These maybe only extend out an inch. Is what I see an aura?

After I was looking at hands..I felt like my body was drained, and my forehead hurt/pressure.

Is there a way I can confirm that I’m seeing auras?

• Nick Harding November 29, 2015 at 11:31 pm - Reply

Alison,

Short answer is yes, you’re seeing an aura, and yes, someone experienced in seeing energy would likely be able to tell whether it was a recent awakening or a gift since childhood. I can’t attest to whether psychic ability is the appropriate term or what level of ability you possess, but it sounds like you do have an inherent gift. I was fortunate to discover this side of our world when I was very young, there’s much for you to learn from here, and a lot of questions to br answered. Just be sure to use caution in what you believe to be true moving forward

5. Alison C November 29, 2015 at 5:52 pm - Reply

Oh and I believe him to be legit because near the end of the reading, he flipped some cards over and said ” the nightmares I’ve been having recently, to not worry about them”

I had just had the most disgusting, disturbing nightmare of my life 2 days prior, of which I’ve only told my boyfriend. And I had been really worried about that nightmare too.

6. Lex December 10, 2015 at 1:02 pm - Reply

Hi there , 3 years ago I had a experience , it was vary spiritual ! After that experience something happened to me , i started seeing a purple light with what looks like energy around it , I had no idea what this was ! I did some research on the Internet and what I can come up with that this is my third eye, but I don’t knew for sure. And if it is what am I sapose to do ? ! Can you please give me some advice about this ? Thank you .

• Nick Harding December 10, 2015 at 6:31 pm - Reply

Lex,

What exactly do you mean seeing a purple light with energy around it? Like, an entity in the sky or in your own reflection? If it is in your own reflection, you may be seeing your own third eye chakra, but I can’t fathom seeing it in yourself without perceiving energy elsewhere, that would be something I’ve never encountered before. If you’re always seeing this purple light with energy around it, no matter where you are or what you’re looking at, unfortunately it’s more likely to be a medical condition with the optic nerve connected to your eye than something spiritual.

As far as what you’re supposed to do: it’s always been my stance that we are not obligated to do anything. Do as you would normally do, and just use this new discovery as a means of opening your mind to the possibilities present in our world.

7. Lex December 10, 2015 at 10:59 pm - Reply

Hi nick thanks for the response, Yes I see the purple light all the time and at what ever I look at, even when my eyes are closed, I went to a eye doctor when it first happened and they could not understand what it was , they said that I was a unusual case for them. the light dose not bother me . it actually gives me a calm feeling when I close my eyes, it is a vary nice purple color, Witch makes me believe that what I’m experiencing is the third eye. I have this feeling inside that that’s what this is. i have always experienced spiritual things through out my life , things that most people won’t understand ! for those reasons I believe this to is a part of my spirituality. is it bossible to see your own third eye? Is that what I’m experiencing?

• Jesse August 5, 2016 at 11:10 am - Reply

Some people believe “seeing lights” is a sign from the angels and each color represents a particular angel and its’ purpose.

8. Barry February 25, 2016 at 7:27 pm - Reply

Hi Nick… I have an observation on my own experience with perceiving organic energy fields with the visual cortex. For a long time I thought I saw this with the eye and the sensors it is equipped with. Recently, after looking at this for 40 years, I had to chuck that assumption because I was perceiving outside the visual view screen possible with the eye, as well as being able to perceive things in a direction my eye was not pointed at. (Look extreme left with eye closed, or open, easier closed, and I can perceive something extreme right) or see my hand behind the head. Much more to this. I suggest you have a look and question the sensor/local your mind is working with. Pituitary gland is a possibility but on this I have my doubts. I am now favoring the visual cortex as a sensor in its self… for a lot of reasons.

9. Gabby February 28, 2016 at 4:44 am - Reply

Hey when is you’re article on learning how to see auras coming out ? And if it already has would you be able to include it ? Thank you !!!

• Nick Harding March 1, 2016 at 3:34 pm - Reply

Gabby,

I haven’t written one, yet, actually. In trying I realized how difficult it is to explain through words. That said, as an author (where words are my playground), and seeing the renewed interest, I will make more of an effort to get an article going on this.

10. Maria March 8, 2016 at 4:08 pm - Reply

Hi Nick! I just want your advice on my experience. I’ve
    been able to see energy in the air, the sky even the trees about a year and a half and it happened spontaneously without trying to although I’ve always been on a spiritual path. I see people’s auras, mostly their etheric body and energy emitting from their chakras, I can also see energy in a room or a wall and pretty much everywhere with the proper lightening. I do not see colors only energy patterns, vortexes and waves. Also I always feel the energy in my hands and I can “scan” my aura, and finally I can feel the vibration of a tree or a crystal stone with a simple touch. Recently I started practicing tai chi witch gave me much more awareness. And here is my question! I feel that a have this talent, and I’m very grateful, but I don’t know how to work with it and how to interpret the messages I’m receiving. I don’t have anyone around that can help me with this and I really feel that this is something I should explore more, since this changed my perception about life and faith. Every advice would be very useful! Thank you a lot!

• Nick Harding June 14, 2016 at 7:55 pm - Reply

Maria, The thing with energy is that I honestly don’t know if anybody we can talk to could define what you’re experiencing. It seems to me that every person experiences things in very much different capacities. One person I know who sees energy was explaining what he saw in angry people, which was literally exactly what I see in a person who is tranquil, for instance.

I do recommend looking into it as much as possible, understanding that energy in a spiritual capacity exists and that it is somewhat linked to our emotions and thoughts is paramount in understanding our world, and will help you to maintain a positive mindset in life. That said, I’d hesitate to ever let yourself believe you know exactly what that which you perceive means.

11. treeandabird March 18, 2016 at 5:35 pm - Reply

Maria i see everything what you said but probably much more, i can answer your question but i don’t know how you will understand it, there is no being except the source to change your made up mind into abstract, you have to do it, stop translating creation into made up sounds and signs, it’s not in your head

• Bryan Fash July 10, 2017 at 11:37 am - Reply

tree and a bird, I figured out the answer to a friends riddle ‘what is time’ and then he gave me the last one ‘look for the unseen’. Now the search bar for the first time with the text “people who see energy”. I am 44 and just admitted to 1 person why I am who I am because I see energy. I cried and said my truth out loud! The young, beautiful, kids in love at the street corner look so beautiful when you see energy. Emotions are luscious! Death is very easy to see as well.

Please let me entertain you with a story, a false story, but my reality. 22 year old man 22 year old girl have been wanting a child for a year now. They went to the fertilization clinic and he got a erection shot and they are now walking home: all they can talk about is sex. He thinks he might only last a moment in bed to the woman, while laughing. She is ready for fun too as they go home to make a child.

🌟🌟🌟 I live in Downtown Seattle. As I walk behind these two 22 year olds I might drift off and enjoy seeing the energy drift away. Everything has the asphalt road vapor effect. I just connected the pieces to what I was actually saying when I have always said I see energy or sometimes I would say auroras. To know that death is the end of learning as I described it, answered “now” in what is time, and emotion is energy. I don’t want to read any books about how I already live and I don’t need validation of what I see. Having to be a good human because you see the effect does suck a bit. How many people can do this? How common? How few actually are we?

12. Josh April 21, 2016 at 7:41 pm - Reply

I’ve been trying to awaken myself in a sense but it’s been difficult, I can kind of occasionally see auras, and I know it sounds strange but I can usually heal pain, perhaps I could help you with your migraines. I can feel energy when someone sends it and I have a friend that I can see the opened status of his chakras, and then open them if they’re closed. I’m not sure what’s going on or if this is all somehow in my head, I don’t believe my third eye chakra is open, because I’m not getting the same feeling as with other people. And the healing that I’m doing isn’t reiki, I just suddenly discovered it although it may have been present for a while.

13. treeandabird May 4, 2016 at 2:27 am - Reply

I pray but god doesn’t show up
    I cry and yell to him but he doesn’t show up
    I’m dying and begging god
    He doesn’t show up
    Did i cried to him?
    Or i cried to myself
    Do i believe in god?
    Or i want to in bad moments
    Do i talk to god?
    Or i talk to my self

Let me introduce my self
    I am the devil
    I was born with you
    I was born in the moment you said i am
    So i am i am you and you are me
    And you will never believe i exist
    because we are one
    i am you and you are me
    you talk with me all the time
    i lead your thoughts
    i lead your mind

no mercy
    seven worlds above and two behind
    how god loves you
    everyone
    🙂

14. Miriam May 15, 2016 at 12:46 am - Reply

So i took this test on seeing what your sixth sense was and i got the ability to see energy and auras. The thing is i was the only one in the comments that got that which intrigued me because i am 13. I was looking and searching what aura s were and i was suprised because i have seen them in all my life. I always knew that I was different. Ive seen many things in my 13 years and now i know the reason my parents couldn’t see what i could.

• Nick Harding June 14, 2016 at 7:59 pm - Reply

Miriam, definitely an exciting discovery. Sounds like you’re about to embark on a journey much like my own; I had no idea what this energy I was seeing actually was, or that nobody else could see it, until I accidentally found out in a similar way. I hope you’re able to learn more about it and use it to help maintain a positive mindset, in turn helping others.

Develop your perception well enough and it becomes more obvious how the worlds’ beauty is infinite.

15. Ethan May 19, 2016 at 1:01 am - Reply

I would love to learn how to do this. It would help so much in everyday life. But I have a question. Do you know if this skill can be learned if it is not a natural ability? Also if I can learn, do you know if I can to the same extent? Thanks.

• Nick Harding June 14, 2016 at 8:03 pm - Reply

Ethan,

I do have an article on this site which explains in depth what your asking. Essentially, I do believe that every person can learn to perceive energy in a spiritual capacity, and that through practice (like any skill) it can be developed into something as obvious as the smell of bacon. That said, whether you are personally able to learn how to see energy, or if your gift is more in feeling it, I can’t really say.

16. Key May 30, 2016 at 10:26 am - Reply

Heya, I’ve been looking for an answer to this.
    One day I saw my friends’ auras, one was glowing deep blue, one was shining white, and the third had no aura at all. It was really disconcerting. Do you know why they would appear as dull as an inanimate object?

• Nick Harding June 14, 2016 at 8:07 pm - Reply

Key,

Disconcerting for sure, I can understand that. I can’t say that the way you see energy or their auras was at all synonymous with how my conscious mind perceives the same factors, but I have seen similar patterns. In my case, specifically (again, it may be different for how you see), the girl who appeared to have the same type of aura as a table also had the strongest reaction when contacting other people. She had a tendency to drain everyone around her, pulling their energy into her own and deteriorating it into inanimate object energy. This was reflected in her actions, as well, she had a very strong entitlement complex and was very selfish, always seemed to destroy her friendships and relationships through it. I essentially pegged her as an energy vampire.

17. Rachel June 14, 2016 at 1:31 am - Reply

Hey Nick. I had a strange experience about 5 years ago. I was attending community college, and I was walking to the parking garage after class. I was coming up behind a young man (I think he was Asian, but that probably doesn’t matter). He turned around and said, “You scared the shit out of me.” I think he said that I have a strong spirit. I walked ahead of him, down a stairwell into the parking garage. I think he asked if I knew God (I was scared of this guy so I was trying to hurry on my way). He stopped in the middle of the stairwell, saying “Your spirit is so strong I have to stand 10 feet back from you.” I hurried to my car, as I was scared of him.

I’m just curious if you have any sort of explanation for this…

• Nick Harding June 14, 2016 at 8:13 pm - Reply

Rachel,

Honestly, I see a person’s energy before I see them physically, so it could very well be that you have the most powerful and bright energy he’s ever seen. It doesn’t actually hurt to look at someone who is really bright, so, unless you really do have some heavenly energy bursting from you, my guess is that this gentleman was flirting with you and trying to compliment you in a way which no other guy could.

“Nobody has ever told me that before” is a good response to get when complimenting someone…

18. Kuljeet June 23, 2016 at 10:05 pm - Reply

I met someone who said he couldn’t read my aura. And he said that is the first time it has happened to him and he has been doing this for years. Why is it so?

• Nick Harding June 24, 2016 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Kuljeet,

Interesting. In my opinion I don’t think any person who can see or otherwise perceive energy is capable of adequately “reading” it beyond a speculative theory. When I see that someone is angry, to me, it’s in how their energy “violently” pulses in and out without a pattern. 9/10 times I’m right that they are angry, but there have been many instances in which I misread it; with these same individuals, the way their energy moves when they’re happy or sad is also different from how it I see it in most of the rest of the world.

I guess what I’m getting at, here, is that not only does the way we perceive energy differ between individuals, but in some cases, the way energy is influenced by our own minds and bodies can be different as well. It is possible that he just wasn’t accustomed to the type of energy you put out.

19. Brenda June 25, 2016 at 3:28 pm - Reply

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for this article and being available to address questions. You mentioned the combined energy when people touch hands. What happens when two auras/ energy fields move close enough to ‘touch’ without any physical-body touching happening? Do they merge on ‘impact’? My specific curiosity is, using touching hands as the example: is it possible for a person to physically feel the impact of their aura being touched either by another aura or an actual/physical hand? But I know your experience is in seeing the energies, not the sensation of feeling them.

20. Bren July 17, 2016 at 7:53 am - Reply

At a church retreat, a friend and I were praying together, with our hands almost palm to palm. One palm each was up, and the other down, but we were not touching. Our eyes were closed for several minutes as we prayed. Afterwards, my friend opened her eyes and said, “You’re glowing.” She explained that as we sat there in silence, not moving, there was an amber glow where I was, that she perceived it even with her eyes closed.

She speculated maybe it was my aura. It didn’t sound like she has any prior experience with observing aura’s though.