People who love all kinds of conspiracy theories and who believe that the heads of government, along with the senior officials and the richest people of the world, know something that “mere mortals” do not know, worry in particular about what will happen on December 21, 2012, states British psychologist Steven Blackburn.
Blackburn claims that many of his clients are concerned about the end of the world, which is scheduled for 21 December, 2012 and of what can happen on this day. The psychologist recommends not to be paranoid, but just to be guided by logic and banal observation.
Blackburn argues that for the following reasons the end of the world will not happen on December 21, or at least no one can know it for sure:
- Research and scientific projects underway. Blackburn is sure that if large corporations and companies were aware of the Apocalypse, they definitely would not invest heavily in expensive and long-term projects.
- The elections held this year were costly and zealous, which does not make sense if the senior officials knew of the impending apocalypse.
- Billionaires do not make acts of “unprecedented generosity” and not even donate a part of their fortune to charity, because if they knew about the end of the world, there certainly would be someone who would have thought to make such a wide gesture before the imminent death of all mankind.
- Anomalies in stock markets are not observed, and the approaching end of the world would certainly affected the behavior of the largest companies, and it would have caused a reaction in the stock market.
- Astronomers found no asteroids or comets and of course no planets, which would threaten the Earth in December. There are lots of people, from amateur to professional astronomers, who observe the night sky. It is just not possible that no one would have noticed the looming threat from outer space.
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.