One of the theories in the field of psychology claims that all people have a “starting point” of happiness, which defines their wellness. All our life revolves around it and the fact if we feel more or less happy depends on what is happening in our daily lives.
But we can “reboot” our system. Experts say that approximately 40% of our happiness can be controlled, which is confirmed by scientific data.
1. Just try
The slightest effort can have significant effects on your life. Two small pilot studies published in the scientific journal Journal of Positive Psychology show that trying to become happy we enjoy a better mood and more wellness.
2. Happiness should be a priority
Happy people consider happiness a lifetime goal, says leading psychologist Tom G. Stevens. We must re-evaluate our beliefs and values, to train our self-management skills and be in an environment that creates positive feelings.
3. We need to enjoy the small pleasures of life
Neuro-psychologist Rick Hanson claims that the human brain responds automatically to negative events and this response is even stronger than to the positive ones. But we can reverse this negative tendency, which results in the fact that we create stronger memories for negative events, by appreciating the small joys of life.
4. We need to smile more
A study conducted at the Michigan State University shows that people who smile often and make happy thoughts tend to be in a good mood and do not give up easily.
5. Show more gratitude
A study published in the journal Social Behavior and Personality shows that gratitude is a habit that can be developed and makes us enjoy life more.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Overlooked Summer Activities That Are Perfect for Introverts - August 18, 2018
- Architect Personality: 6 Contradictory Traits of INTPs That Confuse Other People - July 26, 2018
- 5 Existential Questions with Two Possible Answers (and Both Are Terrifying) - June 18, 2018
- How to Overcome Social Anxiety by Asking Yourself This One Silly Question - May 16, 2018
- 8 Crazy Things Introverts Do to Avoid Talking to People - May 5, 2018