The fact that sometimes your brain gets tired is undeniable.
Sometimes you may feel like it cannot even “wake up” and “switch on” so that you can think clearly and work productively.
In such cases, you can use a set of very simple and effective exercises to warm up your brain.
Please mind that it is better to perform the first five exercises with your eyes closed.
A Simple Brain Warm-Up Routine
- Set yourself to work: be mindful of your breathing and make ten calm inhalations and exhalations.
- Count out loud from 1 to 100, and in reverse order.
- Imagine a circle of pink or green color, then turn it into a ball, and after it, imagine a tetrahedron, cube, and trapeze.
- Come up with one word for each of the letters of the alphabet in order. The word must be a rarely used one. For example, from asphyxia to zoochemistry.
- Visualize yourself in detail as if you were looking at yourself from a distance. Visualize where and how you are sitting now, what you are wearing, what facial expression you are having right now.
- Now, pick a memory and focus on it, trying to recall it in detail. It could be a view of your country house, the clothes you were wearing at your sister’s wedding, your workplace, etc.
- Take a short text (2-3 paragraphs) and read it back to front.
- Rewrite the same text with your left hand (or with your right hand if you are left-handed). If you know any foreign language (even at a basic level), you can also translate the same text into another language, using a dictionary.
Following some of these simple brain warm-up exercises, you will give your brain a good workout and make it easier for yourself to start the activities that require your attention, concentration, and productivity.
Copyright © 2012-2023 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.