Affirmations for self-esteem are a surprising yet powerful way to boost your confidence and achieve your goals.
There are many ways to grow self-esteem. One of the most powerful ways to build self-esteem is affirmations. Affirmations for self-esteem may seem odd at first, and you may feel silly saying these things at first. Yet, it has been shown that affirmations for self-esteem are an influential way to feel more positive and more accepting of yourself.
Self-esteem is so important. It is a system of beliefs that help us to grow and give us the confidence to strive for our goals. Self-esteem is the foundation of how we view ourselves and where we develop our sense of self. Usually developed when we’re children, self-esteem can be difficult to grow when we get older, especially if it is something we lack. However, it is not impossible.
The stress of everyday life can wear on our self-esteem, so practising affirmations can be a great way to counteract the negativity. If you begin to integrate affirmations into your daily life, you will quickly see the benefits in a reduction of stress and a boost of confidence.
This article will serve as your beginners’ course in affirmations for self-esteem so you can get started on your journey to positivity and success. We will give you everything you need to know about affirmations and everything you need to get started.
What are affirmations?
Positive self-esteem affirmations are a surprising yet incredible tool for a happy and successful life. Affirmations for self-esteem are very simple. They are short phrases that you repeat to yourself at least once a day to remind yourself of who you are and what you deserve.
Affirmations are very personal, you can decide which ones are best for you and your goals. We have suggested a few below, but don’t be afraid to improvise a little for your personal objectives.
If you want to feel more comfortable in your own skin, remind yourself of what makes you beautiful. If you want to feel more confident, remind yourself of your strengths. They are incredibly simple and take next to no time to practice, but they can have great benefits in everyday life.
Do affirmations really work?
Studies have found that there is clear evidence that affirmations for self-esteem really work to target low self-esteem. Brief affirmations have been shown to boost academic performances in underperforming high school children when they began to use them at the beginning of a semester.
Results showed that participants who were under high levels of stress had problems performing problem-solving under pressurized conditions. Before the use of affirmations, they solved 50% fewer problems in the task than those who were not under stress. Once they began using affirmations before tasks, participants were shown to perform as highly as participants who were not under stress.
How to practice affirmations
You can practice affirmations for self-esteem in a number of ways. The only thing you really need to do is to repeat them to yourself. Yet, you can do this once a day or a number of times, it’s up to you.
Most people choose to repeat their affirmations in the morning when they’re getting ready, and sometimes at night. When you choose to repeat them is up to you, but it can also be helpful to repeat them during the day when you’re feeling low or if you particularly need them. It’s surprisingly easy and can be hugely beneficial.
- I deserve to be happy and successful
- I am competent, smart and able
- My opinions are valid and well-reasoned
- I am growing and changing for the better
- I believe in myself, my skills, and abilities
- My life is a gift and I will make the most out of it
- I will let go of negativity about myself
- I see the best in other people
- My body is sacred and I will take care of it
- I recognise my good qualities, and there are many
- I am worthy of my successes
- My flaws are what make me unique and I will work towards loving them
- I am confident with my plan for my life
- I accept that I am not perfect and have the courage to change what I can
- My decisions are sound and reasoned and I will stand by them
- I will continue to pursue the knowledge I need to succeed
- I love what I do and do what I am good at
- All of my actions lead to success
- I have a beautiful smile
- I love myself
Affirmations for self-esteem may seem silly, and some people regard them as pointless. However, there is clear evidence that affirmations work and are instrumental in reducing stress and improving performance.
They take no time at all and the use of 30 seconds in the morning can change your entire outlook on life and yourself. Take the time to practice affirmations and see if they work for you. If they don’t, it’s not like you’ve wasted any time and you may just have a breakthrough.
- 15 Intimidating Personality Traits & 10 Signs You Intimidate People - September 14, 2021
- I’m Sorry You Feel That Way: 8 Things That Hide Behind It - August 20, 2021
- 20 Signs of a Condescending Person & How to Deal with Them - July 16, 2021
Copyright © 2012-2022 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.