Famous astrophysicist Stephen Hawking once again has caught the attention of the international community with a statement that aliens do exist but humanity should not attempt to contact them.
Confined to a wheelchair due to a disease of neurons, known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, the astrophysicist made this statement at a new documentary series of the Discovery Channel.
He stressed that in the Universe of 100 billion galaxies, each of which contains millions of stars, the Earth is unlikely to be the only place to be hospitable to life. The astrophysicist added that to his “mathematical mind” these numbers only are enough to consider the existence of aliens quite logical.
However, Hawking states that the advanced extraterrestrial civilizations may have conquering motives and seek to colonize other planets, which means that they could pose a threat to humanity. “If aliens ever visit us, I think the result will look similar to the first visit of Christopher Columbus to America, which was not so good for the natives.”
People have tried several times to come in contact with possible alien civilizations. In 2008, NASA sent out into the space a single Across the Universe by the Beatles to take a message of friendship from extraterrestrial life forms. The message is expected to arrive in the region of Polaris star in 2439.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017
- 5 Lessons the Fall Season Teaches Us about Life - November 14, 2017
- 5 Signs Your Social Phobia Is Actually Empathic Sensitivity to People’s Energy - September 11, 2017
- 7 Confessions of an INTP Female - August 26, 2017
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,