Probably all of you have heard of astral travel. The very idea of astral travel might seem crazy to some of you, and the truth is that this topic remains controversial and questionable. But astral travelling has been practiced throughout history, and many people claim to have experienced it.
Even those who are interested in these kinds of phenomena are often afraid of astral travel because of the so-called sleep paralysis (a very uncomfortable adverse effect that can happen during astral travel).
Astral Travelling: Sceptics vs. Mystics
Let’s examine the idea of astral travel according to sceptics and mystics:
- Sceptics think that in reality, astral travelling experiences are nothing else but just dreams. Mystics say it’s wrong since astral travel requires a high degree of awareness and control.
- Sceptics believe that those who practice astral traveling tend to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. According to mystics, drug or alcohol prevents any possibility of astral travel. Moreover, there are people who claim to have practiced astral travelling since an early age, such as 6-12 years old.
- Sceptics believe that those who claim to perform astral travel are doing it for advertising, money, or attention. Mystics say that although there are some who do it for these purposes, most do it to enrich their spiritual experience.
Astral Travelling in Religion and Culture
There are also some religious people who believe that astral travelling experiences are evil and satanic. However, according to mystics, the Bible talks about astral travel:
“Remember Him before the silver cord is snapped, and the golden bowl is crushed before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, and the wheel is broken at the well before the dust returns to the ground from which it came and the spirit returns to God who gave it.” (Ecclesiastes 12:6-7).
The above passage speaks of what happens when we die. According to astral travellers, “silver cord” represents the connection between the physical body and the astral body. When the cord is permanently broken, the person dies. “The golden bowl” could be the 7th chakra, which is the main energy center of the body in Hinduistic traditions.
The belief that humans have another body, apart from the physical one, is ancient and universal, so in all languages of the world, there is always a word that defines this “second body”. African tribes, the native people of America, shamans of Tibet and Siberia have all been reported to practice astral travel.
Interestingly, there is a mention of the ‘second’ body in Homer’s “Odyssey”, indicating that it was not Helen who followed Paris to Troy, but her ‘shadow’ while she was in Egypt. But even Aeschylus in the “Agamemnon” refers to the ability of Beautiful Helen to manifest herself with another, ‘spectral’ body.
How to Practice Astral Travelling?
Here is a technique for astral travel. To practice it, it is preferable that you go on this journey around 4 a.m. Why? Because then you will not be disturbed by the noises and you will have a rested and peaceful mind. So here is a short guide to what you need to astral travel:
- Have an open mind. Any negative thoughts will prevent you from having this experience.
- After you get up at 4 a.m., get out of bed, and wash your face with water.
- After a few minutes, go back to bed and lie down. You will probably feel sleepy and will want to go back to sleep.
- Close your eyes and clear your mind. It should be quite easy since you have slept for a few hours.
- Then, visualize sitting in your room somewhere. With a bit trying, you will be able to see an image of yourself sitting there. Visualize it while being aware that your body is lying on the bed. Focus your mind on this image.
- Begin to say in your mind the following affirmation: “I succeed at astral travelling. I am able to leave my body.” Say this several times, visualizing that you are somewhere else in the room.
- While doing this, you will begin to slowly fall asleep. Make sure that the image of yourself sitting elsewhere in the room will stay in your mind before you fall asleep.
- You may experience some of the following sensations:
- White or light blue;
- Strange noises.
Experiencing one or more of these sensations will be terrifying at first, but you should know that these are all positive signs and you have nothing to be afraid of.
The first time when you find yourself outside your physical body, do not stay in this state too long. If you manage to see yourself floating above the room, get used to the astral plane, and then, return your body. You can make another astral travel after 24 hours. Some astral travellers claim that it is possible that a spirit guide will wait for you. These guides are said to oversee your journey and take you where you want.
If after several attempts, you will not be able to astral travel, do not be discouraged. If you feel any of the sensations we talked about above, be sure that you are on the right track. Think about astral travelling all day. Try astral travel techniques every night. And you will see that eventually, you will manage to succeed in astral travel.
- 8 Ways to Relieve Computer Eye Strain from Too Much Screen Time - August 31, 2021
- 10 Key Traits of ENTJ Personality Type: Is This You? - February 9, 2021
- What Is Self-Assurance & How to Increase It with 7 Tips - September 28, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2021 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.