Children with ADHD or ADD are exhibiting some characteristics of the indigo children.
If you’ve come to the realization that you are different than everyone around you, then you’re probably searching for some diagnosis of imperfection. Sadly, society has embraced the idea that if you aren’t a copy of everyone else, then something is wrong with you, right? Well, I guess we are getting better. I hope so, anywho.
The truth is, those who stand out are, for the most part, superior in a way. At least, that’s what I think. So today, I want to talk about indigo children, and how they take being special as their normality. From what I’ve read, indigo children were born this way. But why don’t you judge for yourself?
Could children with ADHD or ADD really be Indigo?
I’m sure some of you think that indigo children are mythical, but it’s thought that children with ADHD or ADD are actually these miraculous human beings. In fact, a rising number of psychologists think this to be true – numbers rising since the 1990s. Children are exhibiting supernatural abilities which point to the characteristics of the indigo child. And, like I said, not everyone believes in that sort of thing.
Critics say that not treating children with ADHD can cause social and behavioral health issues.
The best way to make a judgment for yourself is to visit an indigo child. VICE’s Gavin Haynes decides to meet a group of indigo children in New York. The majority of these children were born in the 90s, making them adults now.
Not only did Gavin want to observe the children, but he also wanted to learn about their unorthodox childhood. During his visit, Haynes experienced first hand, the special qualities of the indigo community. He had his aura read, listened to gifted rap artists retell their way of life and experience holistic dentistry performed by a mother and daughter pair-both indigos.
So, now what? You want to know if you or someone you know is an indigo child? Sure you do. Here’re a few ways to tell if there are potentially gifted abilities running through your blood and mind. If you possess 14 or more of these, you are an indigo. Between 11-13, makes you a training indigo. Adults who exhibit these traits are called “lightworkers.”
- You are born with the knowledge of being special and elevated above the rest.
- You have knowledge of belonging in raw form and must be accepted.
- Indigos are more confident.
- You are insightful and go against the system.
- You are not moved by idle threats.
- Your personal needs are important and you will be vocal about this.
- Indigos fight the rules that seem normal to everyone else.
- Ritualism is absurd and creativity is important.
- You cannot stomach absolute authority such as the school system.
- You are generally antisocial except with other indigos.
- Born later than 1978 (debatable – I was born in 1974 and I fit way too many of these categories) 😉
- An old soul (You may be 15, but you feel as though you are at least 40)
- An isolationist through introversion or aggression
- Only wants deep lasting relationships
- Bonds with plants and animals much easier than others
- Struggles with insomnia
- Has a history of depression
- Supernatural abilities (psychic abilities or the ability to see dead people, even angels)
- Easily bored
- Desires to help the world in major ways
- Prone to addictions
- Can have low self-esteem and then later, grandiosity
- Creative through music, art or in other areas
- More than likely been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD
- Strong willed and headstrong
Isn’t it nice to know that being special is a good thing? In the past, most any form of abnormality landing you in an asylum. In this day and age, society is beginning to look at out of the ordinary human beings as being gifted, not just those who have higher intellect, but those who simply ‘act’ different and have unique coping patterns. This is great!
Before you get concerned about something outside the normal, consider you may just be an indigo child – seeing life from a different perspective.
It’s just that simple.