1. You can take lessons at any convenient time/location
2. You have a wide range of training programs to choose
3. Online courses are frequently updated and contain contemporary knowledge
4. Teaching methods are being improved constantly
5. There is no need to spend time on the road to a tuition center/ educational institution
6. You can study with minimal financial expenses
Distance learning opens the door to the most prestigious educational institutions regardless of what country you live in. Even the financial issues lose their significance since the distance learning courses are 40% cheaper than the classroom ones.
There are two main types of distance learning: synchronous and asynchronous learning. In the first case lessons take place on-line that in essence is similar to ordinary classroom lessons. The asynchronous learning presents an archive of lectures or other materials that may be accessed by students at any time.
The next point is the so-called event control module which is responsible for lessons planning. In other words, the distance learning system provides a virtual creating of learning stages. For example, a student has to read a certain document, watch a video, listen to a lecture, then take a test and after passing it he may continue to the next piece of material. In fact it’s similar to the classic education system when students have several attempts to take a test/exam until they pass it. But in the case of the distance learning there is a great advantage: all the detailed statistics are available at any time that provides major opportunities for objective analysis.
However, due to the individual particularities of information perception distance learning is not suitable for everyone. First of all, you need to have good reading comprehension skills. Some on-line courses provide audio and video materials but the majority of information is available through written text. Then, you should be able to resist constant distractions and motivate yourself since the distance courses are free from the constant supervision of a teacher. And finally, you have to set your own goals and be able to work on your own, completing your tasks in time.
So, the distance education is not suitable for all the types of learners and subjects, but due to its advantages and the increasingly developing technologies in near future it may be implemented into educational institutions of all levels.
- This Passage about a Pandemic from Dostoevsky’s ‘Crime and Punishment’ Is Terrifyingly Relevant - September 4, 2020
- 5 Ways City Living Is Poisoning Empaths & Highly Sensitive People - August 26, 2020
- Study Reveals a Powerful Introvert Advantage That May Surprise You - August 23, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.