Founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg, co-owner of Tesla Motors and SpaceX Elon Musk and popular actor and venture investor Ashton Kutcher invested $40 million into the company Vicarious, which studies the structure of the cerebral cortex and tries to recreate it in the computer code.
It is the second largest investment in the company for the past two years. In the first round the Vicarious FPC received investment from PayPal founder Peter Thiel and Facebook co-founder Zuckerberg’s colleague Dan Moskowitz. This time, the company has created a system of intelligentimage recognition based on physical principles of the brain.
Director of the developer of artificial intelligence technologies Scott Phoenix notes that the result of their work will be a computer that will perceive the world and “think like a man, but it will not have to sleep and eat.” Such a project, according to experts, can take decades.
The company recently announced the development of Facebook facial recognition system called DeepFace, which involves artificial intelligence technology. Accuracy of the algorithm was 97.25%, which is almost equal to the accuracy of facial recognition by human.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- 7 Amazing Facts about the Brain You Need to Know - November 21, 2017
- 3 Ways the Invasion of Privacy Takes Place Today through Current Technology - November 12, 2017
- How a Good Night’s Sleep Is Crucial for Mental Health and Cognitive Performance - November 1, 2017
- Sleep Research Reveals Scary and Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know about Sleep - September 20, 2017
- How to Deal with a Difficult Boss and Cope in a Toxic Work Environment - April 12, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,