Founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg, co-owner of Tesla Motors and SpaceX Elon Musk and popular actor and venture investor Ashton Kutcher invested $40 million into the company Vicarious, which studies the structure of the cerebral cortex and tries to recreate it in the computer code.
It is the second largest investment in the company for the past two years. In the first round the Vicarious FPC received investment from PayPal founder Peter Thiel and Facebook co-founder Zuckerberg’s colleague Dan Moskowitz. This time, the company has created a system of intelligentimage recognition based on physical principles of the brain.
Director of the developer of artificial intelligence technologies Scott Phoenix notes that the result of their work will be a computer that will perceive the world and “think like a man, but it will not have to sleep and eat.” Such a project, according to experts, can take decades.
The company recently announced the development of Facebook facial recognition system called DeepFace, which involves artificial intelligence technology. Accuracy of the algorithm was 97.25%, which is almost equal to the accuracy of facial recognition by human.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018
- 4 Best Thriller Movies of All Time That Will Mess with Your Head - March 9, 2018
- 7 Ways Being Street Smart Is Different from Being Book Smart - March 6, 2018
- 7 Ways Therapy Dogs for Depression Can Help You Deal with the Illness - January 29, 2018
- 4 Biographical Movies That Will Make You Learn History and Think about Life - January 20, 2018
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,