Each year, the Italian Ministry of Education establishes a number of quotas for foreign citizens in the universities of Italy.
First of all, foreign students have the right to enter the course Laurea Triennale (a bachelor’s degree), to be given a degree of the 1st level. The basic requirements for entry to this course are 12 years of school education and knowledge of the Italian language, which is checked during an interview.
Laura Triennale lasts 3 years and is equivalent to 180 credits. In Italy, the universities give a certain number of credits called CFU for each exam. Typically, a CFU is equal to 25 hours of student work (lectures and practice).
In the case of the Laurea magistrale (degree of the 2d level), the basic entry requirements are 15 years of school and university education and a good knowledge of the Italian language. Please mind that you can only choose the area of specialization you have studied in your country! The Laurea Magistrale lasts 2 years and is equivalent to 120 credits (120 CFU).
Italy also has opportunities for higher education in the English language, which is the best solution for students who love Italy and want to study in this country but don’t speak Italian. Most of these programs have to do with economics and engineering. At the same time, the choice of courses for a bachelor’s degree is very limited. At present, there are only two undergraduate programs in English available to international students:
- Economy (Business and Economics)
- Biological Sciences (Biosciences and Biotechnology)
Also, in Italy, there is a number of courses lasting 5 or 6 years for a more complete professional training. It’s called Laurea a ciclo unico and provides the following fields:
- Medicine and Surgery (6 years)
- Dentistry (5 years)
- Veterinary Medicine (5 years)
- Pharmaceuticals (5 years)
- Architecture (5 years)
- Engineering Design (5 years)
- Law (5 years)
- 3 Reasons Why Introverts Are Among the Most Loyal People You’ll Meet - October 15, 2021
- 3 Reasons Why True Friendships Are Getting Increasingly Rare in Today’s Society - October 5, 2021
- The Power of the Right Timing No One Talks About - September 21, 2021
Copyright © 2012-2022 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.