It would seem to be a trivial exercise, however, as shown from empirical research by the psychologist Robert Emmons, such daily estimation of personal reasons to be grateful ‘infects’ people with optimism about the future for the next 6 months.
2. Experience again positive events of the past
Recall your positive achievements of the last 24 hours and think of them. Why is this important? Again, empirical studies show that thinking of success that has already been achieved doubles the value of this success in human perception. That’s because the brain is not able to distinguish between what is written on paper, on what actually happened. The point is that thus you will get a double success that will motivate you to further achievements.
3. Spend at least 15 minutes a day on exercise or any kind of physical activity
Or better 40-50 minutes. Aerobic exercise (for example, jogging) contributes to the production of hormones of joy and nullification of emotional experiences. This kind of exercise in efficiency is equal to the chemical action of antidepressants.
Meditation is a broad term. You can just sit in a quiet place relaxing and letting go of thoughts. It’s like rebooting a computer, which is processing an excessive nmber of tasks at the same time and starts running slow.
5. Write good (nice, friendly, or just positive) e-mails to your friends and family
Write about how much these people mean to you. This exercise not only helps you relax and make some other person feel good. Such nice messages sent on a regular basis launch the mechanism for global improvements in your life. The only point is that the letters must be sincere.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- 7 Amazing Facts about the Brain You Need to Know - November 21, 2017
- 3 Ways the Invasion of Privacy Takes Place Today through Current Technology - November 12, 2017
- How a Good Night’s Sleep Is Crucial for Mental Health and Cognitive Performance - November 1, 2017
- Sleep Research Reveals Scary and Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know about Sleep - September 20, 2017
- How to Deal with a Difficult Boss and Cope in a Toxic Work Environment - April 12, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,