It would seem to be a trivial exercise, however, as shown from empirical research by the psychologist Robert Emmons, such daily estimation of personal reasons to be grateful ‘infects’ people with optimism about the future for the next 6 months.
2. Experience again positive events of the past
Recall your positive achievements of the last 24 hours and think of them. Why is this important? Again, empirical studies show that thinking of success that has already been achieved doubles the value of this success in human perception. That’s because the brain is not able to distinguish between what is written on paper, on what actually happened. The point is that thus you will get a double success that will motivate you to further achievements.
3. Spend at least 15 minutes a day on exercise or any kind of physical activity
Or better 40-50 minutes. Aerobic exercise (for example, jogging) contributes to the production of hormones of joy and nullification of emotional experiences. This kind of exercise in efficiency is equal to the chemical action of antidepressants.
Meditation is a broad term. You can just sit in a quiet place relaxing and letting go of thoughts. It’s like rebooting a computer, which is processing an excessive nmber of tasks at the same time and starts running slow.
5. Write good (nice, friendly, or just positive) e-mails to your friends and family
Write about how much these people mean to you. This exercise not only helps you relax and make some other person feel good. Such nice messages sent on a regular basis launch the mechanism for global improvements in your life. The only point is that the letters must be sincere.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018
- 4 Best Thriller Movies of All Time That Will Mess with Your Head - March 9, 2018
- 7 Ways Being Street Smart Is Different from Being Book Smart - March 6, 2018
- 7 Ways Therapy Dogs for Depression Can Help You Deal with the Illness - January 29, 2018
- 4 Biographical Movies That Will Make You Learn History and Think about Life - January 20, 2018
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,