We have complete freedom to do and have anything we want. However, without realizing it, we unconsciously limit our lives. Our subconscious thoughts and ingrained hold us back from taking a full part in our lives.
We are concerned about what other people think about us. We do what is “right” or agree with what sounds “reasonable”. Perhaps the biggest limitation is that we give up our dreams because we think that we do not have enough time for those. Having freedom and limiting yourself is like having a ticket to Disneyland and not using it.
So, let’s see if it is possible to get back on the path to personal freedom, thinking about something in your life that limits you physically. The first thing that comes to mind is an obligation to wear a suit and tie due to a work dress code of many companies. For many people, nothing is more desirable than to come home from work and take it all off, especially in summer period.
Then think about something that does not necessarily limit you physically, but still holds you back in some way. It could be anything: too strict parents, dissatisfaction with career or conflicts at work. Find your cause.
Now let’s take a look inside yourself and find thoughts that might deter you. Read the following questions and pay attention to your physical reactions. Which of these questions give you a sense of confinement, and which give you a sense of freedom?
- What stops you from achieving what you really want?
- Knowing that you can create whatever you want, what would you create?
- How long does it really take to make your dreams a reality?
- If you had an infinite amount of time and money, what would you do?
- Are you ready to free yourself from those factors that limit your freedom?
Expand your sense of personal freedom, starting with small steps, just like a child. Start doing something that you “should not” do – eat all candies at once, leave dishes unwashed or go away from home without telling anyone where you’re going. Enjoy it and you will certainly feel better.
When you are ready, make a list of things that you used as an excuse not to live a full and truly free life. Next to each item write down an action, which will make you gradually approach a sense of complete freedom.
Actions may be like this:
- Tell what you always wanted to tell someone.
- End a relationship with someone who causes you harm.
- Take a risky decision in business or investment.
- Do something that you always wanted to do.
Check your list and start with those items that seem most difficult to execute.
Take a strong stand in achieving freedom and get rid of your limitations. Soon you will see that your life will be like a free flow, saturated more than ever.
- How to Deal with Failure When Everything Goes Wrong - May 10, 2020
- 9 Signs of Needy People & How They Manipulate You - May 7, 2020
- 6 Types of Toxic People Who Become Involuntary Manipulators - April 30, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.