The 72 year old scientist appeared in the show «Live from Space» on Channel 4 which had a live connection with the astronauts of the International Space Station. Hawking often makes predictions of technological and scientific progress and its impact on human life in the near and distant future. This time Hawking argued that the 21st century will be a milestone in space exploration.
“In 50 years we will have created bases and homes on the Moon. The same will happen on Mars by the end of the century,” says Hawking, who believes that if we fail to colonize other planets, humanity will be in danger of extinction. “Our planet is an old world that is threatened by the continued human population growth and the depletion of the Earth’s resources. We must take account of these factors and make up a plan B. If we want to survive the next hundred years, even if not talking about the next thousand years, it is imperative to colonize other worlds away from Earth. If we follow this path I am sure that the next century will be characterized as a true space age,” said Hawking.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 5 Existential Questions with Two Possible Answers (and Both Are Terrifying) - June 18, 2018
- How to Overcome Social Anxiety by Asking Yourself This One Silly Question - May 16, 2018
- 8 Crazy Things Introverts Do to Avoid Talking to People - May 5, 2018
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017