The human brain is a complex and interconnected system, the largest and the most functionally important part of the central nervous system. Its functions include processing of sensory information coming from the senses, planning, decision making, coordination, motion control, positive and negative emotions, attention and memory. The highest function performed by the brain is thinking.
If the person in the picture is rotating clockwise, your left hemisphere is more active at the moment (logic, analysis). But if he is rotating counter-clockwise, then your right hemisphere is more active (emotions and intuition).
In which way is he rotating to you? At some effort, you can make the person rotate in any direction. To start, try to focus on the picture. Do you find it difficult? Want to know how does it work? Check out this article on optical illusions for more details.
If you are looking at the picture together with someone else, very often you can see it rotating in two opposite directions at the same time. It is normal, just different hemispheres of your brain are active at the moment.
Areas of specialization of the left and right hemispheres of the brain
The main field of specialization of the left hemisphere is the logical thinking, and until recently this hemisphere has been considered dominant. But in fact it dominates only while performing the following functions.
The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for language skills. It controls speech, reading and writing abilities, spelling, memorizing facts, names and dates.
- Analytical thinking
- Literal understanding of words
- Sequential processing of information
- Mathematical capabilities
- Right part of the body
The main field of specialization of the right hemisphere is intuition. As a rule, it is not considered dominant. It is responsible for the following functions:
- Perception of non-verbal information
- Spatial orientation
- Understanding of metaphors
- Multitasking and parallel processing of information
- Left part of the body
- This Passage about a Pandemic from Dostoevsky’s ‘Crime and Punishment’ Is Terrifyingly Relevant - September 4, 2020
- 5 Ways City Living Is Poisoning Empaths & Highly Sensitive People - August 26, 2020
- Study Reveals a Powerful Introvert Advantage That May Surprise You - August 23, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.