The female brain is quite different from the male brain. Just ask a few questions and watch the answers go in completely different directions.
Women are from Venus and men are from Mars. You ever heard that one before? Well, of course, you have, and it’s just a joke…mostly.
Sometimes, however, women and men really do feel like they are from two separate planets.
Here are the ways the male brain is so vastly different from the female brain:
- Men and women use different parts of the brain to handle the same task.
- A woman’s brain is 10% smaller than a man’s brain, according to overall brain volume. However, it does not affect the levels of intelligence, and scientists are unsure of which regions hold the volume differences.
- With age, the male brain shrinks faster than the female.
- Women are more capable of managing multiple tasks, flowing simultaneously, while men get irritated when they have to do several things at the same time. Scientists have found this is due to the gray and white matter within the brain. Women have more white matter while men rule in the gray matter category.
- But…Men are faster to absorb information, so they are more responsive.
- Women tend to remember all the details, while men usually keep the main point in mind.
- If a man is lost, he will remember the direction and the traveled distance, and a woman will remember reference points on the road.
- Similarly, a male driver remembers the numeric value of the distance, while a woman driver usually remembers different road signs and shop windows.
- Yes, everyone was waiting for this topic, so here it is: men think about sex more often than women. A study found that in a one-week period, the average number of sex-related thoughts in men was 18.6 and for women, it was 9.9. Of course, it’s not true for nymphomaniacs or people with various mental disorders.
- Men are better at exact sciences, and women – at social sciences.
- Men and women respond differently to harsh and irritating sounds.
- Women also tend to be more talkative. The pleasure center of the female brain could have to do with their sociability. So, conversation brings more pleasure to women. Women use nearly three times as many words a day as men do.
- Hugging a woman for 20 seconds improves her happiness and self-confidence.
- Men and women have a different perception of humor. Men are more concentrated on a cheerful outcome of a story or a show, while women enjoy the subtleties of humor in general and the language of presentation.
- Women are, by nature, more sociable, while men are more aggressively competitive. That is why men often fight. For the same reason, women may get angry by the fact that men cannot support a long conversation with them.
- The male ear is weaker than the female counterpart. That is why women can hear subtle intonations and men – not always. Also, in terms of tactile perception, men lose.
- Women tend to have more fully developed organizational skills.
- If a man sees a ball on the road, he will probably hit it, while a woman is likely to pick it up.
- Female brains heat up more, as more glucose is “burnt”.
- Men perceive speech with logic so that they hear exactly what is said, while women use their intuition and emotion. This helps women see hints and hidden meanings everywhere.
Sounds like quite a few differences, doesn’t it?
Well, taking a look at the bigger picture will show how these various characteristics actually compliment one another.
So, the statement about men and women being from opposite planets could mean they have come from other worlds in order to enhance our own. And this is figuratively speaking, of course.
What would it be like if the male brain and the female brain were exactly the same?
Without mixing the logic of the male brain and the emotion of the female brain, I think, we would be pretty dull creatures.
What about you?
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- How to Deal with a Difficult Boss and Cope in a Toxic Work Environment - April 12, 2017
- 4 Natural Healing Solutions That Have Proven Health Benefits - April 3, 2017
- Cryogenic Freezing: the Present and Future of This Futuristic Technology - March 27, 2017
- Like Dark Humour? Psychology Reveals Something Interesting about You - March 16, 2017
- End of Privacy? Facial Recognition App Enables Photographer to Identify Random People on the Subway - December 22, 2016
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,