This list of motivational quotes will make you think about life from a different perspective and will help you believe in yourself.
The idea of having a successful life can mean so many things to so many people. Unfortunately, when we enter into the world, it can be very rare that your parents will teach you to think for yourself so that you can define what success means to you.
Luckily, motivational quotes about life can help you do just that.
Generally speaking, most people just want to be “happy” and feel like they are making a positive contribution to society in some way. One of the most fascinating things about life is that it provides each one of us the opportunity to interpret what we want it to mean.
Philosophers such as Plato and Aristotle have been pondering big questions such as “Why are we here?” and “What is the meaning of life?” that has laid the groundwork for many other people to continue to examine such big questions.
The Examined Life
When we were children, life was simple and we mostly lived in the moment moving from one exciting thing to the next. We never really thought too much about what was going to happen tomorrow. This pure state of awareness was something we brought with us from what many call “The Spirit Realm” where a playful and joy-filled sense of living came naturally to us.
Life was simple: Use your imagination and play with your toys until naptime. Have a snack and then go dig up some holes in the yard.
But then we entered our young adult years and all of a sudden, we are asked daunting questions about the future that laid a ton of bricks on our shoulders:
- What are you going to do with your life?
- Are you getting ready for college?
- When will you get married and have kids?
It’s as if the playtime was taken away from us and, “Now it’s time to get serious”.
As we continued to mature, more responsibilities were put on our shoulders, making life mundane and monotonous. Every day was filled with the same thing where it feels like we are a dog chasing its tail trying to survive the game of life in the never-ending Groundhog Day.
Many people will live like this until one day they snap and either have a mid-life crisis or begin to act out of integrity hurting those who love him or her around them.
When life goes unexamined, it’s amazing how much time can fly by while we are living our lives based upon other people’s expectations. Every day is filled with tasks that are meaningless while our heart’s desires go unanswered.
In the end, so many people just want to get back to that magical place when they were kids where everything, even school, was about playtime. Life was filled with curiosity, miracles, and magic. We would ask endless questions to any adult who would listen because we just wanted to understand how the world works.
So no matter where you are at in life, just know that you can always return to that magical place inside your imagination whenever you want. All you need is the courage and willingness to pause for a moment and speak to your inner voice. While it may have been quieted for quite some time, it is always there waiting for you to say hello and come play.
And with that in mind, here are some motivational quotes and phrases that will get you to think about your life, success, happiness, and more.
Try reading these motivational quotes in a quiet space when you have time to reflect and ponder about life. Maybe your inner voice will guide you to a new place you never dreamed of!
Top 10 Motivational Quotes about Life:
- We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.
- There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book.
- We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.
-Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
- Don’t waste time looking for your purpose in life….simply do what makes you feel alive.
-E. Jean Carroll
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
- A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
-George Bernard Shaw
- You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
- Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
- It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change.
These are some of our favorite motivational quotes about life. What are yours? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
- 5 Negative Thought Patterns and How to Challenge Them - January 1, 2020
- The Five Buddha Families and How They Can Help You Understand Yourself - December 25, 2019
- The Four Noble Truths in Buddhism and What They Can Teach You - December 20, 2019
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.