These old soul quotes could change your view on everything.
Sometimes you read a quote that is so full of wisdom that you know their speaker was an Old Soul.
When life seems a struggle we can learn to navigate it better by meditating on the wisdom of those who have been on the path before us. The wisdom of others can guide us and reassure us when life seems tough. And it helps to know that others have felt the same way.
The following quotes are from some of the wisest people that have ever lived. Take your time to read their wise words and allow the deeper meanings to sink in.
These 10 Old Soul Quotes could have a profound effect on your way of thinking and living.
Old Soul Quotes about the way you view yourself
These quotes can help us shift the way we think about ourselves. Often when we are unhappy we think it is outside circumstances that have caused our unhappiness. These quotes show that we have more control over our sense of well-being than we think.
1. You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.
2. A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world: everyone you meet is your mirror.
3. It doesn’t matter what world you live in; what really matters is the world that lives in you.
Old Soul Quotes about the mind
Understanding that what goes on in the mind is not ultimate truth can help us to get a handle on negative thinking. Our experience of the world is filtered by our own minds. This means that no matter what goes on outside, our minds control how we think about it.
Many spiritual teachers have pointed out that often it is not what happens to us that makes us suffer, but the way we react to what happens to us. These quotes can help us get more perspective on our minds and learn to take the flood of thoughts a little less seriously.
4. Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts or happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thoughts that is forever flowing through one’s head.
5. What the mind doesn’t understand, it worships or fears.
6. Rule your mind or it will rule you.
Old Soul Quotes about the way you interact with others
These Old Souls knew better than most how to deal with conflict and live from a more loving and less judgmental place. Our interactions with other make up a large part of our lives. When we experience conflict, it can make us feel very unhappy. These Old Souls show us that there is an alternative way to deal with other people and build better relationships.
7. Be curious, not judgmental.
8. Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
9. In order to create, there must be a dynamic force, and what force is more potent than love?
Old Soul Quotes about the way we live our lives
These quotes can help us to think about the way we live our lives and what we could do differently to create a more harmonious life. It can take courage to live our lives more soulfully. It seems much easier and safer to try to fit in with what everyone else is doing.
But these wise souls knew that happiness doesn’t come from following the herd. It comes only when we follow our own true path.
10. Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
11. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
12. Few people have the courage to be happy in their own way. Most people want to be happy like everyone else.
And lastly an Old Soul Quote about the universe we live in
Scientists used to believe that we lived in a universe made up of solid matter. But modern physics has proved that the world is not as solid as we once thought. It is hard for us to imagine the world in a new, more dynamic, energy-based way.
However, shifting our thinking can have a profound effect on our beliefs about the world. When we realise that not everything has to be seen to be believed, it opens up all sorts of possibilities!
13. If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.
It’s amazing how much we can learn from those who have gone before us, especially Old Souls. Somehow, they seem to be able to put into words what most of us cannot describe. Often a quote will just resonate with us at a certain time of our lives as if it speaks directly to what we are experiencing.
I like to keep a pinboard above my desk full of quotes that help me with any problems I am dealing with. I read them regularly and often I see something new in them or understand them more fully as time goes by. For that reason, I recommend keeping a selection of favorite quotes to re-read from time to time, as they affect us differently at different times in our lives.
We’d love to hear your favorite Old Soul Quotes. Please share them with us in the comments below.