According to the magazine «Paris Match», which presented the results of research, at least 7.7 million people in the country of David Cameron believe that their house is haunted.
Accodring the results of the same survey, more than half of British adults believe in supernatural phenomena. 52% of respondents said they believe in the supernatural. The corresponding percentage in 2005 and 2009 was 40%. Moreover, one in five Britons claim to have had a supernatural experience.
The interest of the British people in the ghosts seem to have increased in recent years, while TV shows such as «Most Haunted» are particularly popular in the country. At the same time, ‘ghost tours’ to haunted houses have increased too. “It could be due to the fact that in a society that has faced economic insecurity and is governed by information and technology, more and more people are seeking refuge in supernatural phenomena, whereas in the past they tended to find it in religion,” says Dave Group, president of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (Assap), on behalf of which the survey was conducted.
While the faith of British people in ghosts seems to get stronger, the percentage of those who believe that UFOs are real is decreasing. 39% believe in “Unidentified Flying Objects”, while in 2008 this figure reached 52%.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018
- 4 Best Thriller Movies of All Time That Will Mess with Your Head - March 9, 2018
- 7 Ways Being Street Smart Is Different from Being Book Smart - March 6, 2018
- 7 Ways Therapy Dogs for Depression Can Help You Deal with the Illness - January 29, 2018
- 4 Biographical Movies That Will Make You Learn History and Think about Life - January 20, 2018
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,