According to the magazine «Paris Match», which presented the results of research, at least 7.7 million people in the country of David Cameron believe that their house is haunted.
Accodring the results of the same survey, more than half of British adults believe in supernatural phenomena. 52% of respondents said they believe in the supernatural. The corresponding percentage in 2005 and 2009 was 40%. Moreover, one in five Britons claim to have had a supernatural experience.
The interest of the British people in the ghosts seem to have increased in recent years, while TV shows such as «Most Haunted» are particularly popular in the country. At the same time, ‘ghost tours’ to haunted houses have increased too. “It could be due to the fact that in a society that has faced economic insecurity and is governed by information and technology, more and more people are seeking refuge in supernatural phenomena, whereas in the past they tended to find it in religion,” says Dave Group, president of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (Assap), on behalf of which the survey was conducted.
While the faith of British people in ghosts seems to get stronger, the percentage of those who believe that UFOs are real is decreasing. 39% believe in “Unidentified Flying Objects”, while in 2008 this figure reached 52%.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- 7 Amazing Facts about the Brain You Need to Know - November 21, 2017
- 3 Ways the Invasion of Privacy Takes Place Today through Current Technology - November 12, 2017
- How a Good Night’s Sleep Is Crucial for Mental Health and Cognitive Performance - November 1, 2017
- Sleep Research Reveals Scary and Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know about Sleep - September 20, 2017
- How to Deal with a Difficult Boss and Cope in a Toxic Work Environment - April 12, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,