Our universe is flat. Such a conclusion is made by international team of researchers led by Alain Benoit, who made an amazing experiment in the Swedish city of Kiruna. Scientists reported their findings at a conference of the Committee on Space Research.
At a moonless night the Archeops telescope was raised to a height of 33 km. The telescope has allowed scientists for twelve hours to monitor the cosmic background radiation, which is one of the most important evidence of the Big Bang theory. This radiation was discovered in 1965.
As a result of this research scientists have confirmed a surprising suggestion that the universe is a plane.
“The universe is flat as a board“, this simple and discouraging statement hides a not very clear picture. Astrophysics say that the universe is a plane, speaking of its geometric shape. They mean that in the scale of the entire universe the light moves in a straight line. In other words, a beam of light doesn’t bend under the influence of material and energy objects, which make up the universe, which is in contradiction with the theory of Albert Einstein.
The key role in determining the shape of the universe belongs to the amount of dark matter and dark energy in it.
If the density of matter and energy coincides with the critical one, the space is flat as a sheet of paper. If the true density is higher than the one that in theory is considered critical, then the space should be closed and spherical. In this case, the light will always come back to its original source.
One of the corollaries of the Big Bang theory claims that the density of matter in the universe is as close to critical, which means that the universe is flat.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,