Researchers from the Boston University and the Computational Neuroscience Laboratories «ATR» (Kyoto, Japan) affirm that the mechanism of “uploading” knowledge in the human brain can be created in the near future. This technology will allow a person to acquire the necessary knowledge without years of training. Forming a visual image is a complex process. In different parts of the brain multiple points, lines, and colors are formed in their movement, then they all come together, and a person gets the opportunity to see an object the way it is.
In their experiments, scientists managed to improve visual perception of the brain areas responsible for this process with the help of the Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) which allow to activate the necessary parts of the brain.
Experiments with volunteers showed that after this “training” their visual perception had improved, even if they didn’t know what exactly they were taught.
The point is that scientists have discovered that the brain areas responsible for the higher stage of visual perception are so plastic, that it’s sufficient to specify the desired pattern of activity in order to “upload” the necessary knowledge into the brain.
According to scientists, after creating such a technology it will be possible to enable the chosen program before going to sleep, and wake up in the morning with the necessary skills.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,