Researchers from the Boston University and the Computational Neuroscience Laboratories «ATR» (Kyoto, Japan) affirm that the mechanism of “uploading” knowledge in the human brain can be created in the near future. This technology will allow a person to acquire the necessary knowledge without years of training. Forming a visual image is a complex process. In different parts of the brain multiple points, lines, and colors are formed in their movement, then they all come together, and a person gets the opportunity to see an object the way it is.
In their experiments, scientists managed to improve visual perception of the brain areas responsible for this process with the help of the Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) which allow to activate the necessary parts of the brain.
Experiments with volunteers showed that after this “training” their visual perception had improved, even if they didn’t know what exactly they were taught.
The point is that scientists have discovered that the brain areas responsible for the higher stage of visual perception are so plastic, that it’s sufficient to specify the desired pattern of activity in order to “upload” the necessary knowledge into the brain.
According to scientists, after creating such a technology it will be possible to enable the chosen program before going to sleep, and wake up in the morning with the necessary skills.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 5 Existential Questions with Two Possible Answers (and Both Are Terrifying) - June 18, 2018
- How to Overcome Social Anxiety by Asking Yourself This One Silly Question - May 16, 2018
- 8 Crazy Things Introverts Do to Avoid Talking to People - May 5, 2018
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017