The scientists studied the works and career of almost all well-known artists and made a detailed statistical analysis.
The results were stunning: it turns out that the best artwork of almost every one of them was created at a time when his age was about 2/3 of all life, or rather 0,6198. This proportion is completely independent of the age of genius, whether he died in the age of 25 or 90 years old.
The found number is remarkably similar to the so-called “golden ratio”, also known as the Fibonacci ratio: 0.6180, which can often be found in both nature and the cosmos, as well as in music, photography and visual arts.
In their study, the scientists focused primarily on the prices of works exhibited at international auctions, since their relative monetary value usually matches their artistic value. The average age of the artists, in which they created their most brilliant paintings, was equal to 42.
For example, Picasso, who lived 91 years, created, his famous Guernica, a masterpiece depicting the horrors of the Spanish Civil War, at the age of 56.
Monet died at age 86, and his best paintings, which went under the hammer for 19.8 million pounds in 1998, were created when he was 68 years old.
“The average age of the artists is not so important,” says Philip Hans Frances, a math professor from the School of Economics of the Erasmus University Rotterdam. “Much more important is the relative age when they had a peak of creativity.”
It is known that compositions built on the rule of “golden ratio” are the most pleasant for the human perception. Thus, the very life of a gifted artist is actually a perfect work of art.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,