We all are familiar with optical illusions – visual images that trick our eyes into seeing things differently than they are in reality. Everyone remembers the spinning girl illusion or different ornaments that seem to be moving, while the image is actually static. But what happens when optical illusions are created using real photos, together with excellent retouch skills and vivid imagination? The result is really mind-blowing!
Erik Johansson, a talented Swedish photographer and retoucher, creates breathtaking surreal images by combining raw materials, creative photography and Adobe Photoshop manipulations. As a result, he gets pictures that look extremely realistic but are ‘impossible’ at the same time. It’s not surprising that his art is inspired by such great surrealists as Salvador Dali and René Magritte.
As Erik writes on his website, his artworks always start with a sketch, a simple idea. After that, he looks for the right place to shoot his photos, and this search may take from a few days to several months or even years! When everything is ready, he proceeds with photo manipulation, which, as he says, is like putting together the pieces of a puzzle.
Here are some of his best works that will blow your mind and tickle your imagination!
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Summertime Struggles Only a Socially Awkward Introvert Will Understand - August 14, 2017
- The Quiet Ones Can Easily Fall into These 4 Ego Traps – Is Your Ego Exploiting Your Introversion? - May 2, 2017
- Is There Life After Death? 5 Hints That Our Existence Doesn’t End with the Physical Death - April 25, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why INTP Personality Type Is One of the Quirkiest and Most Misunderstood - February 17, 2017
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
Copyright © 2017 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,