Have you ever wondered who is the smartest person in the world? Tony Buzan and Raymond Keene decided to find it out. For the whole twenty years, they have been interviewing people in order to make a rating of ten most intelligent people in history.
Researchers managed to interview more than one hundred thousand people from different corners of our planet. Moreover, the research has covered several categories. It has been evaluated:
- how innovative the achievements of a genius were
- whether his activity was multilateral
- how powerful he was in his field
- how universal his discoveries and inventions were
- how much he has influenced the subsequent history of mankind
Of course, the nationality of respondents has strongly influenced their preferences, that’s why the result has turned out to be mixed. It’s presented in a list of equal rating winners: each one from the list is the most brilliant mind in history.
So, here are the most intelligent men of humanity:
1. William Shakespeare (creator of English repertory theater, multi-faceted and profound writer of the Renaissance);
2. Michelangelo (Italian sculptor, poet, philosopher, painter, architect – one of the titans of the Renaissance);
3. Architects who built the Egyptian pyramids;
4. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (German poet, novelist, playwright, philosopher, scientist and statesman);
5. Alexander the Great (the greatest warrior, king, conqueror, creator of a world empire);
6. Isaac Newton (British mathematician, engineer, astronomer and physicist who discovered the law of gravity);
7. Thomas Jefferson (3d president of the United States of America, one of the founding fathers of this power);
8. Leonardo da Vinci (Great Italian artist: painter, sculptor, architect) and scientist (anatomist, mathematician, physicist, naturalist), still one of the greatest Renaissance figures);
9. Phidias (Athens architect);
10. Albert Einstein (scientist, founder of modern theoretical physics and social activist).
This list proves that genius can manifest in almost any sphere of life: literature, visual arts, architecture, science, politics.
If you are talented hardworking and have found your beloved vocation, you can hope that someday you will find yourself in the list of the most intelligent and successful people of all ages and nations.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- How to Overcome Social Anxiety by Asking Yourself This One Silly Question - May 16, 2018
- 8 Crazy Things Introverts Do to Avoid Talking to People - May 5, 2018
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017
- 5 Lessons the Fall Season Teaches Us about Life - November 14, 2017