What is a shaman? Shamans are energy healers who use their connection with nature and spirit to help others.
Shamans provide a bridge between the material world and non-material reality. Traditionally, they journey to the spirit world to bring back healing for the community. Shamanic traditions are found in many cultures including Inuit, Native American, Aboriginal, Celtic, and Maori.
Here are 10 signs that you might be a Shaman even if you haven’t recognized it yet.
1. Time alone in nature
You have a strong need to spend time alone in nature. You may even feel a little ‘stir crazy’ if you are cooped up indoors for too long.
2. A bond with the natural world
You have a close bond with the natural world and care for all elements of the environment.
3. You have an affinity with a particular animal, insect, reptile or bird
This creature might appear to you when you are in nature, and it may also occur in your dreams and visions. You notice images of this particular animal in the world all around you.
4. Interest in shamanic cultures
You may feel drawn to shamanic cultures such as the Celts or Native Americans.
5. You have vivid dreams and you intuitively know what they mean
Even if you have no knowledge of shamanic culture you can still see deeper truths and find useful guidance for yourself and others through interpreting your dreams and theirs.
6. You prefer to stay at the edge of things
You don’t really feel like you fit in in this world, but you don’t mind. You walk between two worlds and are happy that way.
7. You are interested in the medicinal qualities of plants and food and know a lot about them
When someone is unwell or unhappy, you instinctively know what medicine they need to make them better, whether that is a particular food, drink or just to take a few deep breaths.
8. The desire to heal
You have a strong desire to heal your family, friends, community and the world, not just on a physical level but more deeply, including their emotional and spiritual health.
9. Your initiation as a shaman
You may have had a near-death experience, which was part of your initiation as a shaman. Alternatively, you may have suffered a mental health crisis. These can both be forms of shamanic rebirth and initiation.
10. Chronic health condition
If you suffer from a long-term chronic health condition such as chronic fatigue or autoimmune disease, this may be a sign that you are refusing the call to do the healing work of shamanism. If you explore healing medicine, you may find an answer to your illness.
If you experience several of these signs, it is a good indication that you have the power of a shaman or healer. Be guided by your dreams and instincts in finding the path that will suit you in developing your special gifts to heal your community and the world.
Latest posts by Kirstie Pursey (see all)
- 6 Wise Thoughts on Education Which Explain Why Our School System Is Failing - May 20, 2018
- What Is Creative Problem-Solving and How to Master It with These 8 Strategies - May 17, 2018
- 36 Beautiful Words for Ugly, Embarrassing, Sad or Unpleasant Things - May 11, 2018
- 8 Reasons Why Gifted Children May Struggle in Life (and How to Help Them) - May 7, 2018
- 7 Great Hobbies That Are Scientifically Proven to Reduce Anxiety and Depression - May 2, 2018