Which are the easiest languages to learn? First of all, it depends on your native language and the foreign languages you speak. For example, if you speak Latin, it is easier to learn languages of the Romance group. If you speak French, Spanish won’t be a hard task.
However, there are ways to estimate linguistic complexity. From this point of view, the most difficult languages to learn are those which contain a great number of rules to describe their structure.
In fact, when it comes to learning a second language, subjective factors play a much bigger role. The desire to learn a foreign language begins with your interest in a certain culture.
In this case, the complexity of language plays a secondary role – an anime fan will learn difficult Japanese with less effort than relatively easy Spanish, which seems completely uninteresting to them.
However, there are a few ‘rules’ when it comes to learning multiple foreign languages. In essence, these are basic guidelines on the recommended order to learn languages.
Since many languages are related to each other and belong to the same linguistic groups, they also have similar grammar structures and common word roots.
It means that if you already speak one or two languages, it would be much easier for you to master related ones based on the knowledge you already have.
Which Are the Easiest Languages to Learn?
- First of all, it’s better to learn German and French.
- English is easier to learn with prior knowledge of German and French.
- The Dutch language is easy to remember after German and English.
- Scandinavian languages are better to learn after German.
- Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian are better to learn after French or Latin.
- Polish and Slovak are easier to learn if you know the Czech language.
- Yiddish would be easier to learn after German, Hebrew, and Slavic languages.
- Hebrew and Persian – after Arabic.
- Japanese and Korean – after Chinese.
- The Power of Misfits: a Book for Introverts & Loners Who Feel Like They Don’t Fit in - October 26, 2020
- Rare Halloween Blue Moon Is to Add Eeriness to All Saints’ Eve - October 8, 2020
- 12 Habits of Happy People You Can Learn - September 22, 2020
Copyright © 2012-2020 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.