From ancient Greece to quantum mechanics, or what relationship a Chinese room and a cat can have with the infinity. Six amazing and fun animated video clips explore respectively six interesting and most famous in history thought experiments.
The paradox of Achilles and the turtle emerged in Ancient Greece and presents the movement as an illusion.
Can someone move back in time and kill his own ancestor and subsequently make his own existence impossible? It is one of the most famous puzzles of time travel, the so-called «grandfather paradox». Perhaps the solution might be given by quantum physics.
Chinese Room is a thought experiment suggested by the philosopher John Searle in 1980 and was aimed to disprove the theories supporting the artificial intelligence.
The paradox of the Grand Hotel by the mathematician David Hilbert faces the theme of infinity.
The Twin Paradox was first described in 1911 by Paul Langevin and examines the special relativity.
An unusual thought experiment called Schrödinger’s cat was suggested in 1935 by Erwin Schrödinger and was designed to examine the quantum indeterminacy in a macroscopic phenomenon.
Latest posts by Valerie (see all)
- What Are Alpha Waves and How to Train Your Brain to Achieve Them - March 13, 2018
- 4 Best Thriller Movies of All Time That Will Mess with Your Head - March 9, 2018
- 7 Ways Being Street Smart Is Different from Being Book Smart - March 6, 2018
- 7 Ways Therapy Dogs for Depression Can Help You Deal with the Illness - January 29, 2018
- 4 Biographical Movies That Will Make You Learn History and Think about Life - January 20, 2018
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,