Many theories about black holes that exist in space were developed over time. The prevailing opinion says that whatever falls into a black hole disappears forever and breaks apart into the component parts. However, a new theory states that black holes do not destroy the matter but rather are a kind of exit gates which lead in various parts of our universe or in other universes.
The new theory was developed by Jorge Pullin of the State University of Louisiana and Rodolfo Gambino of the University of the Republic of Uruguay. The two scientists decided to study the predictions of the theory of quantum gravity in black holes. More specifically, they applied the equations of quantum gravity in a non- rotating black hole with spherical symmetry.
As described in other theories, as the matter approaches the core of the black hole, the gravitational field becomes more and more powerful, but it does not disappear into a spacetime singularity as the prevailing theory states. According to the study results of the two researchers, the matter does not disappear in the middle of the hole but continues its way up the other end and gets from there in another universe or another location in our universe.
The idea that black holes are portals to other worlds rather than a place of absolute destruction is not new. But they all stumbled on the spacetime singularity. This is the first time when this barrier is bypassed with the help of scientific tools. The results of the study were published in the journal «Physical Review Letters».
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 6 Overlooked Summer Activities That Are Perfect for Introverts - August 18, 2018
- Architect Personality: 6 Contradictory Traits of INTPs That Confuse Other People - July 26, 2018
- 5 Existential Questions with Two Possible Answers (and Both Are Terrifying) - June 18, 2018
- How to Overcome Social Anxiety by Asking Yourself This One Silly Question - May 16, 2018
- 8 Crazy Things Introverts Do to Avoid Talking to People - May 5, 2018