American scientists have made a revolutionary breakthrough in the fight against cancer, making up a direct way to deliver drugs into cancer cells without loss along the way through biological life support systems of the body. This effect, according to the American online edition Advanced Materials, is provided by multi-layered nanoparticles.
“A breakthrough in medical science is made by scientists and researchers of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT. They have created double-shell nanoparticles, the core of which contains cancer drugs” writes the edition.
Cancerous tumors can produce harmful for the body proteins that protect cancer formation from the penetration of drugs. Thus the therapeutic agents are absorbed by the tissue before penetrating into the affected cells. Now it will be possible to deal with neoplastic diseases more effectively.
Scientists created double-shell nanoparticles, the outer shell of which is able to search for cancer and then to “stick” to the affected area. The inside shell is coated with antibodies that kill cancer cells.
Laboratory experiments on mice suffering from mammary tumors allowed to reduce by 80 % the activity of a cancer. The tumor decreased by 8 times, while the increase of the level of toxicity was not observed.
Copyright © 2016 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- 5 Struggles of Being an Old Soul in a Young Body - January 16, 2017
- 6 Reasons Why Intelligent People Fail to Be Happy - November 24, 2016
- 5 Times You Know You Are Rebelling Against Modern Society (Even If It Doesn’t Feel This Way) - November 5, 2016
- 5 Reasons Why Introverts Love Autumn - September 22, 2016
- 5 Struggles of Being a Cold Person with a Sensitive Soul - August 16, 2016