Italian specialists from the Roman Research Institute “Santa Lucia Foundation” have created an experimental model of a device that allows people with disabilities to control home appliances with their mind.
With the help of this device, attached to one’s head and receiving signals from the brain, could, it will be possible to give a command to turn the light on and off or to answer phone calls.
Brain waves, focused on a particular electronic appliance, will be interpreted by the computer in the respective action.
Human thought processes are similar at the wave level, so the device works equally well for everyone. During the experiments the computer managed to recognize people’s thoughts in 85% of cases, which is a very good performance.
Inventors believe that a few years later, the device will find wide-spread use among people with disabilities and will be simply indispensable for astronauts with weakened muscle system due to long stay in weightless conditions, and just for pathological idlers!
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- How to Overcome Social Anxiety by Asking Yourself This One Silly Question - May 16, 2018
- 8 Crazy Things Introverts Do to Avoid Talking to People - May 5, 2018
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017
- 5 Lessons the Fall Season Teaches Us about Life - November 14, 2017