1. Put your mouse pad on the other side
By putting your computer mouse on the other side you force yourself to use the other hand. This, in turn, stimulates the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. Scientific studies have confirmed that people who equally use both hands have 100% more nerve fibers connecting the two sides of the brain.
Ideally, you need to produce as many actions as possible with your non-dominant hand, but sometimes it can be really difficult (such as brushing your teeth or writing). At the same time, it is much easier to start to use the mouse with the other hand. In the first couple of days, it may feel unusual and strange, especially when using applications that require frequent and rapid clicking. But after a short adaptation period you will
use the mouse with both hands almost equally well.
2. Force yourself to remember
Sometimes you need to remember the name of a song or the name of an old friend. These words are swirling around in your head, right on the tip of your tongue, but you cannot recall them. What do you usually do in this situation? Probably you ask someone who may know it. And when you finally hear the name you were looking for, you exclaim, “Of course! That’s it!”
The next time it happens, try to remember the name by yourself. The brain can be trained, just like the muscles, so the more you practice, the stronger it becomes.
Do not limit yourself to the names only. Try to recall phone numbers, difficult terms or foreign words.
3. Play games that require thinking
You do not need to participate in a mathematical contest to develop the capabilities of your brain. Solving of such simple puzzles as sudoku or crosswords will have a tangible effect on your brain activity.
It is very important to do it regularly, so try to make these games and exercises part of your daily life. For example, you can solve crossword puzzles on the way to or from work. Or you can play chess or any other logical game every morning. It will take only about 10-15 minutes, but it will provide a good start to the day for your brain.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- Why Being an Introvert in Modern Society Is a Gift - May 21, 2015
- Swedish Photoshop Master Creates Mind-Blowing Optical Illusions - February 26, 2015
- Black Hole in ‘Interstellar’ Inspires an Actual Scientific Discovery! - February 16, 2015
- Rosetta Probe Data Refute the Theory That Earth’s Water Came from Comets - December 13, 2014
- Swiss Scientists Control Genes with the Power of Mind - December 10, 2014