The famous saying that “there can be no friendship between a man and a woman” seems to be confirmed scientifically, at least concerning men. New research indicates that developing friendly relations with women, men are driven by sexual attraction they feel for them. According to the researchers, this statement is not true for women who enter into friendly relations with men.
Researchers at the University of Wisconsin came in contact with 88 couples of friends. Both man and woman of each couple were asked to respond individually to various questions, including the degree of sexual attraction they felt for his/her friend.
It was found that men were more likely to feel sexual attraction to their friend compared with women who most often said they did not have any erotic feelings for their friend.
Interesting point is that men do not hesitate to develop friendly relations with women sexually attractive to them, even if at that time they have a stable relationship.
In contrast, women, in a much larger degree than men, accept the platonic nature of a friendship between the two sexes.
The research also debunks another “myth” which states that women get attracted to non-single men. According to the results published in the journal «Social and Personal Relationships», men in relationship are not an object of interest for women.
Latest posts by Anna LeMind (see all)
- The Unexpected Social Anxiety Therapy That Cured My Fears in 1 Day - December 16, 2017
- 6 Signs You Could Be Stuck in Life without Even Realizing It - November 17, 2017
- 5 Lessons the Fall Season Teaches Us about Life - November 14, 2017
- 5 Signs Your Social Phobia Is Actually Empathic Sensitivity to People’s Energy - September 11, 2017
- 7 Confessions of an INTP Female - August 26, 2017
Copyright © 2018 Learning Mind. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,