1. Take a look at the image below. What do you see?
2. Focus on the following picture and give a quick answer: Which stairs will you use to go up and which to go down?
3. There is a man’s head somewhere in this picture. Find him!
4. Do you see the girl rotating clockwise or counterclockwise?
1. It is claimed that children cannot see the couple because they don’t have such images in their primary memory and instead, see nine dolphins.
Note: This is a test for “dirty minds”. It is said that if you need more than 3 seconds to see the dolphins, then there is a kind of… problem!
2. Most people who see this image tend to go up the left stairs and go down the right stairs. This reaction is likely to be influenced by the western way of reading from left to right. While those who read from right to left, like the Arabs, tend to give the opposite answer.
3. If you managed to find the man in 3 seconds, then the right part of your brain is more developed than in the average person.
If you found him in about 1 minute, the right part of your brain is of the average person.
If you needed more than 1 minute to find him, the right part of your brain is slow.
4. According to a popular interpretation, if you see the girl rotating clockwise, then you are using the right hemisphere of your brain at the moment, and vice versa.
The right hemisphere represents people with artistic flair. The left hemisphere instead is linked to logic, rational thought, and generally organized mathematical thinking.
If you can see both directions of rotation, you are likely to have a very high IQ level. Although there is no evidence for this, anyone who can see both directions is believed to have a balance between organized thinking and more chaotic, creative thinking.
Note: there is no evidence that the above images indeed reveal how your brain hemispheres work. However, they are still fascinating optical illusions that can be used to train your brain!
Thus, with the help of the first and the third pictures, you can train your attention to detail. Try to find as many dolphins as you can and find the man’s head as fast as you can.
Look at the second and the fourth images and try to consciously change the direction of the stairs or the spinning girl’s rotation.
- The Power of Misfits: a Book for Introverts & Loners Who Feel Like They Don’t Fit in - October 26, 2020
- 9 Ways the Power of the Mind Relieves Pain, According to Science - October 17, 2020
- Rare Halloween Blue Moon Is to Add Eeriness to All Saints’ Eve - October 8, 2020