1. Take a look at the image below. What do you see?
2. Focus on the following picture and give a quick answer: Which stairs will you use to go up and which to go down?
3. There is a man’s head somewhere in this picture. Find him!
4. Do you see the girl rotating clockwise or counterclockwise?
1. It is claimed that children cannot see the couple because they don’t have such images in their primary memory and instead, see nine dolphins.
Note: This is a test for “dirty minds”. It is said that if you need more than 3 seconds to see the dolphins, then there is a kind of… problem!
2. Most people who see this image tend to go up the left stairs and go down the right stairs. This reaction is likely to be influenced by the western way of reading from left to right. While those who read from right to left, like the Arabs, tend to give the opposite answer.
3. There is a claim that if you managed to find the man in 3 seconds, then the right part of your brain is more developed than in the average person. If you found him in about 1 minute, it is believed that the right part of your brain is of the average person. If you needed more than 1 minute to find him, the right part of your brain is said to be slow.
However, there is no evidence to support this claim. But this illusion is still effective if you want to train your attention to detail.
4. According to a popular interpretation, if you see the girl rotating clockwise, then you are using the right hemisphere of your brain at the moment, and vice versa.
However, in reality, the direction of the girl’s rotation is not associated with the function of your brain hemispheres. You can learn more details about it in this article about the spinning girl illusion.
There is no evidence that the above images indeed reveal how your brain hemispheres work. However, they are still fascinating optical illusions that can be used to train your brain!
For example, with the help of the first and the third pictures, you can train your attention to detail. Try to find as many dolphins as you can and find the man’s head as fast as you can.
Look at the second and the fourth images and try to consciously change the direction of the stairs or the spinning girl’s rotation.